Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Gsxr 1000 k2 brake cylinder radial.

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Evgen_gsxr 
#1 ·
Hello. I need help. Install the brake cylinder from GSXR 1000 L1 (59000-01860-RX0) on your GSXR 1000 k2. And here's the problem - the brake lever is soft, I can push it through to the end. There is no air in the brake hoses. I need help

#2 ·
Getting the right area ratio between the M/C and the calipers is important and there's a good chance that a later model M/C on old calipers will be incorrect. Have you done the calcs? The area ratio should ideally be about 27.

Have you checked the seals on the M/C and the calipers?

#4 ·
If it's soft and you have a new master cylinder, either the cylinder is defective or you still have air in the line. Did you use a vacuum bleeder on it?

#11 ·
I would use a vacuum pump on it, like a Mityvac. I had the same thing happen when I installed some braided hoses: I did the pump method with the master cylinder and it remained soft. The minute I put a vacuum on it I was able to get the stubborn air bubble out and it was perfect.

#9 ·
A lot of the oem ones are generic ( fit many ), I bought one off ebay from a zzr 2014 for my srad ( fed up of fitting srad ones, all worn out ) works very nicely. Also previously fitted one off a k6 1000 also worked well. You could go aftermarket if you dont mind spending brembo/ accosta etc

#12 · (Edited)
Your new M/C is the recall part for K9-L3 1000. I assume that it has the same 17.48 mm ID as the OEM part. Using it with K2 calipers will change the area ratio from 32.1 (soft) to 26.5 (sweet spot). So the area ratio is better than original. That points to there being some other problem, with air being the most likely. Stuck caliper seals would be second most. It's unlikely that a new recall replacement M/C is faulty. You can sometimes get a slug of air in a new M/C that is hard to get rid of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.