Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, after any advice on tuning my k1 for racing, mods to do, performance parts suppliers, any advice in general, cheers

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
What type of racing?

·
Super Moderator
14,990 Posts
What type of racing?
Good question.

I assumed that the OP was talking about beginning a road racing campaign since only about 1% of you crazy fuckers on this forum drag race. Hopefully he comes back with more info. :dunno

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Circuit racing, thought it was easier to ask the guys that know than to spend hours trawling the net

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
Circuit racing, thought it was easier to ask the guys that know than to spend hours trawling the net
I mean it's a bit of an out of left field question for someone who is ready to make the jump to racing. Have you ever taken the bike on track before? Trackdays?

Not many people these days jump straight into road racing with zero track experience. Reason I imply all this is because if you've had any experience at trackdays getting your feet wet I'd imagine you would have gained some knowledge as to where you should start based on your own personal experiences of how the bike felt on track and if there were any shortcomings that needed rectifying.

If you haven't ever done any trackdays then I would say immediately pump the brakes (figuratively speaking) and don't even think about getting into racing yet. The only "mod" you'd need right now is to your skillset by getting seat time at a trackday and some advanced rider coaching while you're there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts