Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i bought a gsxr 1000 2010 2 months ago.
I asked the dealer to put it on full power.
He told me that was no problem(just cutting 1 wire).
But now when i drive the bike i feel that the bike is still on 100 bhp.
Does anyone know how that is possible?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello, i bought a gsxr 1000 2010 2 months ago.
I asked the dealer to put it on full power.
He told me that was no problem(just cutting 1 wire).
But now when i drive the bike i feel that the bike is still on 100 bhp.
Does anyone know how that is possible?
:wtf:lmao

·
Registered
36 Posts
Take it back and get them to un-cut whatever it was they cut. you cant gain extra power from cutting a wire lol.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Where are you located? US?

·
Premium Member
3,498 Posts
Take it back and get them to un-cut whatever it was they cut. you cant gain extra power from cutting a wire lol.
When you ground a correct wire ecu uses ms0 map, which is restricted. So by cutting it ecu would use ms1 map. ;)

OP, maybe you have to flash the ECU to enable map switching. :dunno

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
On the older models it had something to do with the logic level on the MS0 and MS1 pins on the ECU. Logic level being 0V=0 or 5V=1. Not sure if it works that way on the K9 onwards.

EDIT: -JK750- beat me to the post button. Think the pins have internal pull ups so its either 0V or left open. ECU hacking board may be able to help.

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Quote from Woolich website forum by WoolichRacing:

"Suzuki's generally run MS0 as the default, except for the GSX-R's which run MS1 is most regions an MS0 in restricted power regions like France. The changes to allow map switching make the GSX-R ecu behave like the hayabusa ECU which is in MS0 when MS pin is grounded which would explain what you are seeing."

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Try pin 70 of ECM coupler. It is labelled "Mode select switch" in the service manual. The wires don't need to be cut. They can be released from the connector. Suzuki may have started making it harder to flip the mode and as the other threads state an ECU swap or flash may be required. From memory that pin has an internal pull-up to logic 1 or high. So it is either grounded or left open.

Not to be confused with Drive mode selector 1 (DMS 1) on pin 63 and Drive mode selector 2 (DMS 2) on pin 50.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts