Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a full exhaust on my 04 gsxr 1000 and when I try and start it the engine turns over but it wont start and the fuel injection light comes.I checked the fuse to the fi system and it was good and it smells like it is getting gas.I cannot figure out whats wrong because I didn't do anything to the fi system just installed a new exhaust.I think its something electrical.Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you lift or remove the gas tank at all or for any reason? If so...check to make sure you reconnected all the plugs coming from the bottom of the tank. I once forgot to reconnect one plug on my Busa, it did the exact same thing, would turn over but wouldnt start, it drove me crazy. Also, if you are running a PC3 or Yosh EMS try disconnecting it. Let us know what happens.

Good Luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked all my wires and everything I dont see nothing loose or disconncted.I know its something stupid but I cannot find the problem

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Personally - i'd ditch the whole SET set up, servo motor etc - it's not worth any hp, and weighs a couple of kg's. Once you remove all the wires, you'll need to plug a whole in the harness and your light will disappear.
S.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
put it in dealer mode (the plug with the black cap in the key side of your boot on your bike, just jump the wires, use a paperclip or something)

This will place a code on the dash which will tell you which sensor is not within speck (or disconnected)

Post the code and we will tell you which sensor it relates to

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is the plug for the dealer mode by the ecu plugs or is it up further by the trunk area?I am not sure exactly what plug it is I don't want to jump the wrong wires together.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found the dealer mode plug.should I jump all 4 wires together or just 2 of them and if just 2 then which 2

·
Registered
919 Posts
i had that problem with my 04 (of course i just ripped the whole SET system out, cables, wires, etc) when i was playin with my fuel harness and my PC3usb... one of the leads likes to fall out, and the bike will act like its gonna run but it'll run like crap or not run at all... prob not ur same prob, but it'd be somethin to check, along with NoSkills' suggestion of checkin the leads comin off the tank. good luck, and thank goodness for all the people who know what they're doin on gixxer.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts