Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

On my 2018 GSXR 1000 have done just over 18 000 miles / 33 000 Km. When riding and i open the accelerator there is a dead spot does not pull through the revs , have just got back from a ride and nearly stuck on side of road, the bike cuts out on me / no power then all of a sudden gets power again and just a short burst , then engine cuts out again - so if bike rolling along and clutch out bike cuts out but the jerks and starts again, what one guy had told me is that it could be the Petrol filter which is dirty - The bike has been serviced by Suzuki Dealer all the time, so maybe someone can out there a similar issue , and does anyone think it could be the Petrol Filter causing this?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,536 Posts
I'm out of my depth with models this new but bogging down under elevated demand (RPM and throttle) conditions is a classical symptom of a clogged filter. There ought to be a fuel flow test procedure in the service manual to check this. There are many threads here about this. You need to be careful about where you buy your gas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm out of my depth with models this new but bogging down under elevated demand (RPM and throttle) conditions is a classical symptom of a clogged filter. There ought to be a fuel flow test procedure in the service manual to check this. There are many threads here about this. You need to be careful about where you buy your gas.
Hi BillV

Appreciate the feedback and confirmation, was also told to be selective about where i buy gas from , Sadly here this side of the planet not very good standards, at times stop at a gas station and can immediately feel the slump in performance because of the gas added. TIA = This is Africa !! Sadly

So my first check will be that test which you have mentioned, Will post feedback when finally done , most places on a go slow because of the Corona Virus Lock Down.

Thanking You.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,536 Posts
Dirty fuel clogging things can be a problem with race track gas. The solution is to bring your own gas or filter what you buy. With a road bike you could buy gas, bring it home, and filter it there. But that will only work for local use where you might already have identified good sources. There might be some sort of workaround for filtering gas on the road but I'm not sure. You want it filtered to 10 microns or better. Locals oftentimes have solutions to issues like that. The price and hassle of a replacement main filter will be a strong incentive to find a way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dirty fuel clogging things can be a problem with race track gas. The solution is to bring your own gas or filter what you buy. With a road bike you could buy gas, bring it home, and filter it there. But that will only work for local use where you might already have identified good sources. There might be some sort of workaround for filtering gas on the road but I'm not sure. You want it filtered to 10 microns or better. Locals oftentimes have solutions to issues like that. The price and hassle of a replacement main filter will be a strong incentive to find a way.
Hi There

Think i should adhere to your suggestion, was wanting to buy fuel jerry can for when i go to the track, So think good option will be is to remove tank and give a complete rinse and get all the muck out of it, check rectify the filter, then buy gas and filter it before i refuel the bike. Thanks for the incentive - appreciated(y)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might want to consider an additional in tank filter:

Hi Mb1500

Thanks for the info - will definitely check this out as can save a lot of hassles in the long run.

Cheers Thanks
Best Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts