Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ive a big problem with my bike. All was good until I started doing maintenance and adding PC5 and QS modules. Bike seems to work fine. When I rev it in neutral and when I just start to ride, all seems to work fine. full power, no slipping/no choking/no jumping or anything. But when I warm the bike up by shifting up/down aggressively the bike starts cutting power when I go full throttle in every gear. In first gear it does the cutting/slipping/jumping at 7/8K RPM and also in second and third and so on.

Ive done a full maintenance(less then 100km) Oil/filter, Air filter, sparks, and clutch kit all OEM. Everything is done by factory guide and torque specs. The only thing that I couldn't figure out, in the manual the clutch order shown a thicker outer driven plate, but in the OEM Suzuki clutch kit box there was only one different driven plate that was ment for the most inner plate, the rest were all the same. So I put everything back as it was shown. And everything works fine, until I put more load on the engine. Btw, one mistake I made was, during connecting the PC5 I accidentally connected the PC5 harness to the fuel rail, the main connecters where bit hidden and not easy to see, so i did a engine warmup to see if everything is working, but later I founded out that the harness should be connected to the bottom connectors. I contacted Dynojet and they told me that it should no be a problem aslong a connected right, so I connected everything to where it supposed to be.

Self diagnosing:

I disconnected every mod I did, and the bike is all factory right now. I checked the sparks. I jumped the kickstand cable. The only thing that I didn't check yet is the clutch.

Please if there is someone who can help me with this annoying problem, Im losing hope.

Thank you all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How did you encounter this issue? What have you tried? I also check my tps leven, but it was in the middle so that's also good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how does the your bike perform when you just start to ride it? if I start the bike and let it warm up to 80 Celsius and then drive it, it works fine. As soon as I start to ride it hard and the bike gets warm, it starts to freak out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all,

Ive a big problem with my bike. All was good until I started doing maintenance and adding PC5 and QS modules. Bike seems to work fine. When I rev it in neutral and when I just start to ride, all seems to work fine. full power, no slipping/no choking/no jumping or anything. But when I warm the bike up by shifting up/down aggressively the bike starts cutting power when I go full throttle in every gear. In first gear it does the cutting/slipping/jumping at 7/8K RPM and also in second and third and so on.

Ive done a full maintenance(less then 100km) Oil/filter, Air filter, sparks, and clutch kit all OEM. Everything is done by factory guide and torque specs. The only thing that I couldn't figure out, in the manual the clutch order shown a thicker outer driven plate, but in the OEM Suzuki clutch kit box there was only one different driven plate that was ment for the most inner plate, the rest were all the same. So I put everything back as it was shown. And everything works fine, until I put more load on the engine. Btw, one mistake I made was, during connecting the PC5 I accidentally connected the PC5 harness to the fuel rail, the main connecters where bit hidden and not easy to see, so i did a engine warmup to see if everything is working, but later I founded out that the harness should be connected to the bottom connectors. I contacted Dynojet and they told me that it should no be a problem aslong a connected right, so I connected everything to where it supposed to be.

Self diagnosing:

I disconnected every mod I did, and the bike is all factory right now. I checked the sparks. I jumped the kickstand cable. The only thing that I didn't check yet is the clutch.

Please if there is someone who can help me with this annoying problem, Im losing hope.

Thank you all.
Has your bike still got the cat

·
Registered
11 Posts
how does the your bike perform when you just start to ride it? if I start the bike and let it warm up to 80 Celsius and then drive it, it works fine. As soon as I start to ride it hard and the bike gets warm, it starts to freak out.
Does the same thing regardless of temp

·
Registered
281 Posts
my bike had similar issues. turned out to be the side stand switch, a known gremlin on these bikes. The forces put on it when gassing it hard was often enough to trigger the sidestand switch. I wired it shut and never had an issue since.
Would be worth looking at...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
@06gsxr629

So today this happened(see picture). Ive to wait till tomorrow to order a new one, because in Holland we have this idiotic thing where bike shops are closed on monday. Hope this will solve my problem and didnt mess up other component.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So changed the filter. Bike goes past 10k easy. But its not the power that im familiar with. The one who did self wheelies in 1st and 2nd gear. Its like low power in low but top end power is good i think.

did a flow test 250ml in 8sec, in the guide was noted 222ml in 10sec or more. The only thing i haven’t done is the pressure test.

any ideals?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So went for a long ride, still having the less power issue. Took my DB killer out, and now even in third gear it does wheelie.

i am a happy manchild again. Thanks everyone for your advice and help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts