Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2010 GSX-R 750
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has a spare pair of 09-11 GSXR 1000 Tokico calipers they're not using and would be willing to sell. My calipers on mine are pretty shot and I'm just looking to snag a replacement pair. Pads in them aren't a must I'm just rally looking for mechanically sound calipers. I live in Toronto Canada.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
'07 750- all of the bolt ons...track bike that has been converted to street
18 Posts
you may want to check into R6 calipers...I put some on my 07 750. I needed spacers/adapters that you can easily find on EBAY (I think they were around $40 for the set) and boom, monoblocks for cheap that work like a champ!

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Hey. I have a set on ebay right now. Brand new pads on them and I rebuilt them last spring. New seals. I am not sure if they are the same calipers that came on the 1000 but check it out.

Tokico Calipers, Unused EBC HH Pads, Recently Rebuilt-replaced all seals. | eBay

If the link doesn't work just look up tokico calipers and my username is davegsxr1000.

These calipers came off my personal bike, 2008 GSXR 600. The calipers have under 12,000 miles on them. I rebuilt the calipers last winter and installed all new seals. Since then I rode the bike for about 1000 miles. They do not leak and the rebuild was a success. After this last season I installed new pads from EBC. Please look at the pictures carefully, there are some small tool marks on the pad edge. The pads have been removed from the packaging and installed, I no longer have the packaging for them. So you get the new pads and the confidence that the calipers were just rebuilt. (Not sure what a dealer would charge for the labor on that). I put a bolt with some thread sealant on it into the banjo bolt location so that brake fluid won’t get all over everything during shipping. Also, I put fresh thread sealant onto the bleed nipples. Sealant used is speed bleeder sealant. You will get the spacers too.
New seals for the rebuild 50.00
EBC HH pads 130.00
Calipers 70.00
Package deal total 250.00
Free shipping.

·
Registered
2010 GSX-R 750
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you may want to check into R6 calipers...I put some on my 07 750. I needed spacers/adapters that you can easily find on EBAY (I think they were around $40 for the set) and boom, monoblocks for cheap that work like a champ! View attachment 575808
Thanks man! I'll check it out, only think that's kind of a hassle from what I've read is that the lines may fit a little weird (not a big deal) and then I'd need new pads except I already have two fresh pairs. Beautiful bike btw. Did you need a new master at all?

·
Registered
2010 GSX-R 750
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey. I have a set on ebay right now. Brand new pads on them and I rebuilt them last spring. New seals. I am not sure if they are the same calipers that came on the 1000 but check it out.

Tokico Calipers, Unused EBC HH Pads, Recently Rebuilt-replaced all seals. | eBay

If the link doesn't work just look up tokico calipers and my username is davegsxr1000.

These calipers came off my personal bike, 2008 GSXR 600. The calipers have under 12,000 miles on them. I rebuilt the calipers last winter and installed all new seals. Since then I rode the bike for about 1000 miles. They do not leak and the rebuild was a success. After this last season I installed new pads from EBC. Please look at the pictures carefully, there are some small tool marks on the pad edge. The pads have been removed from the packaging and installed, I no longer have the packaging for them. So you get the new pads and the confidence that the calipers were just rebuilt. (Not sure what a dealer would charge for the labor on that). I put a bolt with some thread sealant on it into the banjo bolt location so that brake fluid won’t get all over everything during shipping. Also, I put fresh thread sealant onto the bleed nipples. Sealant used is speed bleeder sealant. You will get the spacers too.
New seals for the rebuild 50.00
EBC HH pads 130.00
Calipers 70.00
Package deal total 250.00
Free shipping.
Hey Dave, thanks for this. Unfortunately these aren't quite the ones I'm looking for I'm looking for the monoblock pair of tokicos but you have the same ones as I do which are from the previous generation GSXR 1000. I appreciate your time though and they look really well kept, good luck with the sale brother!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I put some Ebay K9 + calipers on my K5 GSXR1000.
direct fit. supposed to be an upgrade- they feel good too.

·
Registered
2010 GSX-R 750
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put some Ebay K9 + calipers on my K5 GSXR1000.
direct fit. supposed to be an upgrade- they feel good too.
yes, that's what I'm looking for! I snagged some off ebay but it seems like the seller is inactive and it's just a dead listing. Unfortunate. But I'm still on the hunt for a solid pair.

·
Registered
'07 750- all of the bolt ons...track bike that has been converted to street
18 Posts
Thanks man! I'll check it out, only think that's kind of a hassle from what I've read is that the lines may fit a little weird (not a big deal) and then I'd need new pads except I already have two fresh pairs. Beautiful bike btw. Did you need a new master at all?
Thanks! The 07's had a master recall...I just purchased the bike 5 years ago from a friend and had it done by my local dealer. outside of that, no. but I did buy new Spiegler lines for my upgrade. Made the install very easy (rotateable ends)

Here is a shot from the other side with track shoes on!

·
Registered
2010 GSX-R 750
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! The 07's had a master recall...I just purchased the bike 5 years ago from a friend and had it done by my local dealer. outside of that, no. but I did buy new Spiegler lines for my upgrade. Made the install very easy (rotateable ends) View attachment 575809
Here is a shot from the other side with track shoes on!
My L0 also had the same recall! Huh never heard of those lines before. Super cool they have the property I'll get them next time. I have a pair of Cobra Racetec's but they dont have the rotating ends, but I was considering to maybe eventually get the last piece of the puzzle a 17mm master that forum user BillV recommended to me (thanks Bill!). And yeah, really well put together machine. Love the touch of gold at the front and the hint of blue at the back. Hella cool.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
The K9-L1 Calipers are better than the newer "Brembo". Tried them both, Ypu can also use the Honda CBR 600-1000 08--> calipers. They need 5mm spacers and different pads but they are also Tokicos one-piece. Best "stock" brakes are Kawasaki ZX6R NISSIN one piece from 2013-2020.

·
Registered
2010 GSX-R 750
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The K9-L1 Calipers are better than the newer "Brembo". Tried them both, Ypu can also use the Honda CBR 600-1000 08--> calipers. They need 5mm spacers and different pads but they are also Tokicos one-piece. Best "stock" brakes are Kawasaki ZX6R NISSIN one piece from 2013-2020.
Thanks for the info man, if I can't get the K9's ill grab the CBR ones.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,329 Posts
I looked at the calipers in the Honda tent at Laguna Seca years ago and noted the shorter mounting legs that Yngve refers to. I have some pics of them somewhere. According to the people manning the tent, their ABS models use a different caliper - though it looked the same. No idea what that's about or if the info was correct. But it's something to check out before using those calipers. The neat thing about the Suzuki calipers is that they use the same pads as K5-K8. So it's one less thing to have to deal with.

There used to always be several K9 calipers on ebay but I only see one set at the moment and it looks a tad suspicious. Maybe it's because we're talking about ten year old parts. I can only suggest that you keep looking. There ought to be some breakers with a set.

·
Registered
2010 GSX-R 750
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I looked at the calipers in the Honda tent at Laguna Seca years ago and noted the shorter mounting legs that Yngve refers to. I have some pics of them somewhere. According to the people manning the tent, their ABS models use a different caliper - though it looked the same. No idea what that's about or if the info was correct. But it's something to check out before using those calipers. The neat thing about the Suzuki calipers is that they use the same pads as K5-K8. So it's one less thing to have to deal with.

There used to always be several K9 calipers on ebay but I only see one set at the moment and it looks a tad suspicious. Maybe it's because we're talking about ten year old parts. I can only suggest that you keep looking. There ought to be some breakers with a set.
Yes. Preferentially trying to get some Suzuki ones as I have two fresh pads I can load up and a direct fit. I havent seen a lot of listings anywhere just the brembos really but the set I originally bought off ebay was pretty sus, the guy hasn't even responded much less shipped lol

·
Registered
2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
85 Posts
I was told when I bought my bike that I have 2011 front and rear Gsxr 1000 calipers. Can anyone confirm this by my pictures? I've changed the pads but the front stock k7 1000 pads are same model, my rears though are different pads than stock k7 1000.

·
Registered
571 Posts
yes, that's what I'm looking for! I snagged some off ebay but it seems like the seller is inactive and it's just a dead listing. Unfortunate. But I'm still on the hunt for a solid pair.
I also went with a slightly smaller diameter MC, also from the K9 1000.
This is on a K5 1000.
The OEM's are OK. This is a little bit better.

I left my lever ziptied in for 3 days, then re bled again.

At the end of 3 days, it was still tight as hell. I feel confident I don't need to re build the MC or calipers, yet anyways.

·
Registered
2010 GSX-R 750
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I also went with a slightly smaller diameter MC, also from the K9 1000.
This is on a K5 1000.
The OEM's are OK. This is a little bit better.

I left my lever ziptied in for 3 days, then re bled again.

At the end of 3 days, it was still tight as hell. I feel confident I don't need to re build the MC or calipers, yet anyways.
So did you use the K9 master with your calipers as well for your bike? And they're a little better as opposed to the 05 OEM master? Just want to udnerstand correctly. And good call on the 3day rebleed, I'll have to try that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts