Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just bought this bike to beguine restoring it, I have been building cars and bikes since a kid (I’m now 53) so I know all fun and swearing to come with this little bike.
Same age as you and just purchased an 86 GSXR 1100. Doesn't need much, but it has a lowering kit, strut, and extended swingarm. I'm in the process of buying all the parts required to get it back to standard height and length. JUst found a NOS rear fender and license plate light. Looking for a decent shock and unmodified kickstand. I may start a resto thread

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
wow, impressive work tropical!

ha, i also broke my humerus crashing a motocross jump, so no riding for me for 6 months! i can't even work on my motos, which is just as bad.

keep us updated with your progress. tack

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
wow, impressive work tropical!

ha, i also broke my humerus crashing a motocross jump, so no riding for me for 6 months! i can't even work on my motos, which is just as bad.

keep us updated with your progress. tack
Take care, one of the best rehabilitations is in the garage, its just goes a bit slower but you train arms, hand and fingers.
My left arm/hand nerve system was damage making my completa arm not functional.
After lot of therapy with the fiscal therapist (also in the garage) now the arm at 80% and the hand 40%.
So I need to tight a lot of more bolts to train up my hand.
By the way, Tomorrow I will spray one more layer clear coat to the Gixxer giving the colour correct deep.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts