Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I founded one busted piston!
In other words I need a piston set and cylinder honing.
As I’m new in the Gixxer world, I appreciate if you give me your opinion about piston brands Wiseco, JE, oem etc....
Regards
Jan

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I’ve got the iron stuff back from sandblasting.
And I have also tried my daly suspension set up, but at the same time the new oem fork legs have been delivered, I will keep all the original stuff for this bike making everything just as plug and play change

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
yes, always nice to see these first generation gsxr's rescued and restored. you definitely have the skills to make this bike to your liking.

is that a zx6 rear end and front-end?

keep us posted. there is a lot of knowledge on this forum.

:cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
yes, always nice to see these first generation gsxr's rescued and restored. you definitely have the skills to make this bike to your liking.

is that a zx6 rear end and front-end?

keep us posted. there is a lot of knowledge on this forum.

:cheers
You’re right, the front & rear in the photo is from a Zxr6.
I won’t use the Xzr6 swing, it has correct distance between the fixing bolts.
The problem is with the shock absorber, that won’t fit without making changes at bolt-plates at chassis.
Therefore and because I don’t like how it’s looks I will search for a more classic unit like the one from the Gsxr 1100.
The good thing with the Zxr6 front end is that it’s just bolt on, being a good surprise, just plug and play...

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm andy Irish rider fairly new to riding I have a 97 SRAD and holy fook are these things meant to scream and scare 7 shades out of you, was wondering if I was to change the tail piece to a 98 gikker would I need to switch sub frames too
I don't think this is the place to ask this question. This is someone's thread in regards to a rebuild project they're doing. IT would be best to open a new thread for that question in the appropriate forum section

·
Registered
160 Posts
el vikingo tropical - I can’t wait to see this when you’ve completed it. I will definitely be watching this thread. It’s amazing to see how far aerodynamics and styling has come as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Everything dosent come easy with old bikes and this one isn’t a exception.
Normally when bolts get stuck they came out with a little bit of heat but not always I’m afraid 😟
This is the small details that takes hours to fix sometimes

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yesterday afternoon I overhaul the Zxr6 front end with new seals and paint.
Maybe the callipers es a bit to blingbling bright...
I have to look and feel about if change color on them again
I did deep cleaning on the wheels as well preparing them for painting

Attachments

21 - 40 of 59 Posts