Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my first bike, a Suzuki GS500F last August and I've only been riding about 2 months now. I just got a better job so I'm going to be getting a better bike. I want a GSX-R, but I'm not sure which one would be best for me. Is the 750 okay for someone who hasn't rode that long? But I want something that I will want to keep for awhile and not get bored of. I would hate to get a 600 and then come next summer already want to trade it in for a bigger bike. What do you all think would be the best bike?

·
Registered
91 Posts
With less than 2yrs. seat time I would really go with a SV650. They are super good inexpensive bikes, very torquey too. Goobs more power than your 500. Lots of people race the SV650's too so you may be able to pick one up 2nd hand with a lot of mods.

Under200

·
Registered
888 Posts
under200 said:
With less than 2yrs. seat time I would really go with a SV650. They are super good inexpensive bikes, very torquey too. Goobs more power than your 500. Lots of people race the SV650's too so you may be able to pick one up 2nd hand with a lot of mods.

Under200
while i agree 2 months isnt enough time to move up...i dunno about this 2 year thing cause in 1 year i can put way more miles then most people will c in 2 years. but with that said i think you should spend 1 year riding the crap out of the gs500, and then go get what you like...i still own a gs500 and i was knee dragging 2months into riding, but i still feel like i can enjoy some more time on my gs...whats your rush? get good at riding, not just looking cool going strait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts