Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1101 - 1104 of 1104 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Glad to be back.

Yep, reversion (from cam timing, exhaust setup or airbox harmonics) could cause that. Seems like the effects often happen at multiples of about 4k..... ie, 4k, 8k, 12k, etc..... plus or minus a few hundred RPM.... just as a generality.... its late, i'm tired, i'll try to explain more later

As for the charts, yes, I love the fact that they show the whole throttle range. 100% throttle dyno charts are better than nothing, but..... really are more bragging rights than anything else.

Who gives a shit if the bike makes awesome power at 100% wide open throttle, but is so jerky and sloppy that you take forever to get to 100% throttle because you're worried about high siding yourself before u get there?

I'd rather have a little less 100% power, and SMOOTH, LINEAR, PREDICTABLE power between 0-80% throttle...... specifically 0-40 percent or so.... and the higher HP the bike, the lower than percentage is. On a built 1000, you better have that bike stood up pretty well straight up and down before u try going past half throttle...... on mine its either wheelie or wheelspin in the first 3 gears.... and thats straight up and down.... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
What kind of leak down numbers should I be getting for a K3 1000? Should the test be done hot or cold motor or does it matter?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've got a 2006 gsxr 1000, with an M4 full exhaust, its not tuned or has a power commander. It obviously needs a tune, it still runs great but needs a tune.

I have someone that can flash the ECU without a power commander, he will dyno it and flash the ECU.

Or

I can get a power commander and download a tune, whats the better option?

Thanks

1101 - 1104 of 1104 Posts