Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 1104 Posts

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
:punk :punk :punk keeping Ben ?

what series ? what bikes ? 2nd rider ???

its cool if you cant say yet :cheers

thats great news Chip , from all the teams (NON Factory) you guys have an Amazing program ! (also have lots of respect for the Pegram family)

i would say IMO 2008 was the best season you guys had in years :punk :punk :punk

still dissapointed that Suzuki, Kawasaki and now (as todays press) Honda teams are out .... anything can happen ...

:cheers
Thank you very much. You have no idea how much it means to us when people notice.

Unfortunately, I can't say anything at this point, but stay tuned.

·
Wants Robert Pattinson to explore his Twilight Sta
3,415 Posts
chip i sent you a pm

j

·
Redneck Rider
1,741 Posts
I know you are a big fan of ceramic bearings, how about the reliability of them for main and rods. I have always used stock bearings, never used ceramic. In a motor going for good power but also reliability would you suggest ceramic. Not wanting to gain a few more horse at the cost of reliability.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
You bloody ball tearer, I haven,t laughed so hard in weeks!
IN RELATION TO THE NOISY CAMS QUESTION.
:biggrin

I know you are a big fan of ceramic bearings, how about the reliability of them for main and rods. I have always used stock bearings, never used ceramic. In a motor going for good power but also reliability would you suggest ceramic. Not wanting to gain a few more horse at the cost of reliability.
Hi Chuck!

Get the motor in yet?

They make ceramic transmission bearings...but not ceramic main and rod bearings.

The ceramic trans bearings are really nice. Less friction and they last forever.

·
Redneck Rider
1,741 Posts
:biggrin

Hi Chuck!

Get the motor in yet?

They make ceramic transmission bearings...but not ceramic main and rod bearings.

The ceramic trans bearings are really nice. Less friction and they last forever.
Oh ok got yea, never have looked much into the ceramic bearings so don't know anything about them, I'll probably try them in the tranny though.

No not yet, I have all of the parts except for the case back from millenium, I sent both my case and the 14 at the same time so I'm sure it will take a little while untill I get them back, but will deffinatly be wrapping it up asap once I do get it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi , I am in Brazil , and i have a 06 GSX R 1000 its stock , but i am planning to put Yoshi TRC Full , K&N , and Iridium Plugs , i know if i want to max out HP i will need some fuel manegement but i wonder if its mandatory , i will hurt the engine if i don ´t use any ???
I still have some benefit from the changes ??
Thanks
:biggrin:biggrin

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really like the LeoVince stuff. The single sided factory system has produced the most gains on our dyno.

www.leovinceusa.com

Chip,

Just wondering if you are talking about the Factory Corsa racing Ti system or just the normal Factory Full Ti system. Any thought about the difference (what would I need to have installed on the bike to maximize the Corsa system) between the two. Is the Yoshimura full Ti system far behind?

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
...and the ceramic wheels bearings?
Yes. The wheel bearings are awesome as well.

Oh ok got yea, never have looked much into the ceramic bearings so don't know anything about them, I'll probably try them in the tranny though.

No not yet, I have all of the parts except for the case back from millenium, I sent both my case and the 14 at the same time so I'm sure it will take a little while untill I get them back, but will deffinatly be wrapping it up asap once I do get it.
:punk

Hi , I am in Brazil , and i have a 06 GSX R 1000 its stock , but i am planning to put Yoshi TRC Full , K&N , and Iridium Plugs , i know if i want to max out HP i will need some fuel manegement but i wonder if its mandatory , i will hurt the engine if i don ´t use any ???
I still have some benefit from the changes ??
Thanks
:biggrin:biggrin
Read the first post of this thread.

I really like the LeoVince stuff. The single sided factory system has produced the most gains on our dyno.

www.leovinceusa.com

Chip,

Just wondering if you are talking about the Factory Corsa racing Ti system or just the normal Factory Full Ti system. Any thought about the difference (what would I need to have installed on the bike to maximize the Corsa system) between the two. Is the Yoshimura full Ti system far behind?

The Factory system. It is a stainless single sided system that retails for a little over a grand.

The Corsa system is a dual Ti system that retails for over $2K! Not worth the price unless you are racing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello, Chip I hope that you can answer this question for me because its not one that I've seen here as of yet. One of my bikes is a k7 and it has that electronic steering damper and whenever I'm out on my bike it just feel really crappy in the front end and my other two k5's I have hyper pro's and they feel way more stable than the k7. My thoughts were to replace the stock one with one of the hyper pro units but is that going to give me an error code of some kind if I disconnect the stock one? thanks for your help

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Hey chip i have a weird question for you.

Tranny shafts have circlips to limit the gears side to side movement.

I have heard, but never seen, of people shimming the gears to limit their movement for better operation. Have you ever heard of or done this?

Where do you get valve spring shims from?

It really suprised me when you said valves do not bounce when closing. I had always thought differently. hard to imagine them stopping so fast at such high rpms.

Again, thanks for this thread, and for the time you have spent answering our amature questions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am club racing a K7 1000 this year. The bike has been raced in superstock. I am looking for the performace mods that are easy and safe and wouldn't have been allowed in superstock trim.

Should I remove the secondary butterflies? Can the complete motor, sensor & shaft be removed (plugging the holes obviously)?

Any others?
Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Chip, I am moving up to a 08 Gixxer thou this year for racing. I am wondering what my options are for traction control on the new bike. As far as I can tell the Yosh EMU does not offer any form of traction control so that leaves me the Bazzaz system and what others if any?

Secondly can a privateer club racer realistically program and effectively use a Bazzaz TC system or do I need an in-house nerd herd to write algorithms to keep me off my head? I am way too old to Jorge Lorenzo myself to the moon each weekend dialing the thing in.

Last season when I was racing my 750 in the open class races I noticed that most or the 1000cc Bazzaz TC equiped bikes were still cutting the igntion long after the bike was fully upright which leads me to conclude the system was either not set up properly or the system is not complex enough to to be effective on corner exits and in WFO stituations where some spin is ok. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hello, Chip I hope that you can answer this question for me because its not one that I've seen here as of yet. One of my bikes is a k7 and it has that electronic steering damper and whenever I'm out on my bike it just feel really crappy in the front end and my other two k5's I have hyper pro's and they feel way more stable than the k7. My thoughts were to replace the stock one with one of the hyper pro units but is that going to give me an error code of some kind if I disconnect the stock one? thanks for your help
Toss the damper, and leave the soilinoid connected to the harness and then zip tie it to the upper brace. Thats the easy way.

The expensive way is to buy an EM Pro and then turn the damper off.

Hey chip i have a weird question for you.

Tranny shafts have circlips to limit the gears side to side movement.

I have heard, but never seen, of people shimming the gears to limit their movement for better operation. Have you ever heard of or done this?

Where do you get valve spring shims from?

It really suprised me when you said valves do not bounce when closing. I had always thought differently. hard to imagine them stopping so fast at such high rpms.

Again, thanks for this thread, and for the time you have spent answering our amature questions.
Transmissions. Yes. We have shimed transmissions to promote better wear.

Valve Spring shims are available from a ton of different places. Valve spring maufactures are typicaly a good source.

wow is it true you'll be on the aprilla next season?
Yep. Check Roadracing World, Superbikeplanet, or cyclenews.

I am club racing a K7 1000 this year. The bike has been raced in superstock. I am looking for the performace mods that are easy and safe and wouldn't have been allowed in superstock trim.

Should I remove the secondary butterflies? Can the complete motor, sensor & shaft be removed (plugging the holes obviously)?

Any others?
Thanks.
Nope. Leave the secondary butterflies in place. There is very little hp gain and it makes the bike worse in part throttle applications.

Hi Chip, I am moving up to a 08 Gixxer thou this year for racing. I am wondering what my options are for traction control on the new bike. As far as I can tell the Yosh EMU does not offer any form of traction control so that leaves me the Bazzaz system and what others if any?

Secondly can a privateer club racer realistically program and effectively use a Bazzaz TC system or do I need an in-house nerd herd to write algorithms to keep me off my head? I am way too old to Jorge Lorenzo myself to the moon each weekend dialing the thing in.

Last season when I was racing my 750 in the open class races I noticed that most or the 1000cc Bazzaz TC equiped bikes were still cutting the igntion long after the bike was fully upright which leads me to conclude the system was either not set up properly or the system is not complex enough to to be effective on corner exits and in WFO stituations where some spin is ok. Your thoughts?
The Bazzaz system is the cheapest, most effective, and user freindly system out.

IT IS NOT A SAFETY DEVICE! You can still highside yourself to the moon.

TC is like suspension. You tune it constantly and there is no absolute right answer. It is what ever works best for you.

·
Wants Robert Pattinson to explore his Twilight Sta
3,415 Posts
hi,
i have a gixxer 1000 K6 track bike
yoshi str ytpe r cams
are ready to be installed
(+motty +stacks +full yoshi TIT exhaust +ram air)
where should the compression go?
13? 13.5?
can i use a gasket for that?
or should i lower the head?
and if 2nd how much should i?
100 thanks for your reply
you may want to do headwork with that for the best gains

j

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
hi,
i have a gixxer 1000 K6 track bike
yoshi str ytpe r cams
are ready to be installed
(+motty +stacks +full yoshi TIT exhaust +ram air)
where should the compression go?
13? 13.5?
can i use a gasket for that?
or should i lower the head?
and if 2nd how much should i?
100 thanks for your reply
What type of fuel and how long do you want it to last?

41 - 60 of 1104 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
226 Participants
[email protected]
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing