Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1,581 - 1,600 of 1,676 Posts
22 started riding when I was 21 got an 06 1k a mistake a lil to much power for a begginer
Yeah that is ALOT!! of power for a beginner, but as long as you take it easy for a while and take your time in riding it you should be fine. REALLY TAKE TOUR TIME. it'll pay off in the long run enjoy!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Re: GSX-R1000 owners, how old are you?

53 been riding since i was 16. gsxr 1000 k3 for track days, 636 ninja for road fun, k1200lt for the long haul. don't see me ever stopping biking it's more of an addiction than the smokes.

the older I get the faster I was

Im 75 riding since 11yrs. Started in 1948 Now riding Gixxer 1000, Aprilia RS 250 DRZ 400 ,overbore 435 hot cams yosh exhaust FCR carb, goes pretty good now.KDX 200. Anybody older than me riding a Gixxer 1000?

Im 75 riding since 11yrs. Started in 1948 Now riding Gixxer 1000, Aprilia RS 250 DRZ 400 ,overbore 435 hot cams yosh exhaust FCR carb, goes pretty good now.KDX 200. Anybody older than me riding a Gixxer 1000?

^^^ I think it was a "Joe" or "Jim" (or something "J") that was later 60's... maybe 68 that rode a '07 or '08 Gix thou last I recall... so at 75 years, you are THE MAN!:cheers

...interestingly... after a couple of the newer thousands... I'm back to the original oilers and LOVING it! (Something about the aural ecstasy of that proverbial cacophony of cams giving me a perpetual hummer as I straddle the camel-hump tank on these old classics...)

Anyway... keep riding... you're never too old to ride, guys!:punk

-crisp

26 now, but first litre bike I actually owned (rode other peoples a bit) I was 23 and a half.
Id gone through about 50 bikes since I was 12 though (off road included)

75? THE MAN!!!!!!

27yrs old now. getting old lol

Been riding since I was 29, have had five bikes. Picking up my sixth monday!
I'm 42, been out of the game for three years but have to get back in. I ride very hard and luv it! All bikes have been gixxers except the first.
will post pics of the rebuild......soon:cheers

I'd call you a CHILD yet if you weren't playing with a MAN'S MACHINE as chronicled in your sig...:punk

Ride on and live long!:chucks

-crisp
yes im still young but far from a child lol and learned how to fly and ride at the same age 16yrs old. so 11 yrs on the street and a few years on dirt. hence the mans machine in my sig which is not my first one also:chucks:punk and always willing to learn new things.

j

1,581 - 1,600 of 1,676 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.