Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can't believe the massive power increase over standard just for an extra 70cc
Amazing.
It does tempt me to tackle somthing like this myself, but than I have to tell myself that the standard bike is far more than enough for me anyway.
But it is tempting.....

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
It's all "incremental" power...

Note: Special emphasis on that root word... "mental". :D

Time for a ride on the 1143 scooter...

-crisp

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Amazing.
It does tempt me to tackle somthing like this myself, but than I have to tell myself that the standard bike is far more than enough for me anyway.
But it is tempting.....
Not only 70cc more displacement but cams and headwork also contributed to this awesome power gain. Emil didn't even use the hayabusa throttle body conversion I told him about because it was to abrupt to ride on the track.:grin2:

I just love ferocity!!:fact

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
How was Tokyo crisp?

Bike still running strong? Did you ever take your bike to a tuner yet? Can't remember if you told me you put an auto-tuner on there and were satisfied with the number its giving you.

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
How was Tokyo crisp?

Bike still running strong? Did you ever take your bike to a tuner yet? Can't remember if you told me you put an auto-tuner on there and were satisfied with the number its giving you.

Tokyo in May was great! Good weather and fantastic food!

I did put the auto-tuner with dash pod for real time A/F view and ability to "map-out" the TEKA II flashed values back to "zero" and also dial down the PCV "rough-offsets" (three buttons for low/mid/high) to "neutral" value. Now it sees target A/F through most of the range from the auto-tune feature but I haven't run it while in "active" tuning mode at "all ranges" for optimized offset mapping yet, NOR have I done the gear-specific mapping setup. When I finally get that done, I will still go back and "tweak" it 'cause stoich/target isn't always ideal at all load/conditions for optimized power... especially from no-load/load transitions and such.

Waaay too busy lately, haven't ridden in a couple months! Might roll it out today for some cruising time as the day cools off a bit. :)

-crisp

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
PS: I haven't taken any numbers on a dyno yet... so effectively, it's still "stockish" horsepower... ;)

-crisp

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Amazing.
But it is tempting.....
If you do the calculations 1070/988 = 1.083.

That should give you approximately 8.3% increase in torque/horsepower just for the extra displacement alone.

I'm pretty sure there is extra compression as well. That will also net a gain in power, more so at lower rpm where the dynamic compression is lower.

So it's a fairly effective modification with free power everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
This is a great thread Emil!!! :fact

I had to revive it because I love your bike.:thumbup

·
Registered
644 Posts
Get that Almgren ? check them pistons lol.

Hi JP.. haven't heard from you in a while...how's your rig doing.

Are you still in Communication with Crisp !?

Seems he bailed outa here for good.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Get that Almgren ? check them pistons lol.

Hi JP.. haven't heard from you in a while...how's your rig doing.

Are you still in Communication with Crisp !?

Seems he bailed outa here for good.
I just emailed him today after I saw this. I've been off the grid too! Hospital has been keeping me busy. I'll let him know that you were asking about him. That dude is all over the world.

My scooter is still running strong. Love coming across the newer bikes and having them think that since mine is 14 years old that it must be slow. Boy do they get a wake up call!! :nono

How are things in Cali?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Started my engineering studies a couple of years ago - and unfortunately I'd to turn my 1070 into to a +200 hp pizza delivery bike...

(I actually caught this during a stay in Budapest, Hungary...)

The bike is still running strong, but only driven on track and whipping newer bikes and making their owners wonder :grin2:

Öhlins pressurized cartridge in the front and new race fairings, to save the OEM-fairings. That's about the new stuff on the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Bike looks great!!!

Wish you the best on your studies in Engineering!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey Almgren !
nice of you to think of us.

Not only is it swell that you still have it but are Racing it!

Some really excellent pics . looking very serious on that thing.

cheers G

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Hi Gixan,

Thanks. When racing, it is kinda (very) difficult to keep the front wheel down, especially in comparison with newer bikes with wheelie control. At least you feel fast ;)

Hey Almgren !
nice of you to think of us.

Not only is it swell that you still have it but are Racing it!

Some really excellent pics . looking very serious on that thing.

cheers G

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi Gixan,

Thanks. When racing, it is kinda (very) difficult to keep the front wheel down, especially in comparison with newer bikes with wheelie control. At least you feel fast ;)
I know, remember I we discussed that on post 47-48 of this thread... you made it sound like it was manageable.

Hey the bike looks mean but tail needs something.

Took one of your pics, reversed direction, added race tail..dig ?.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Yes, it's manageable, but not optimal.

Wow, looks like that's how it should look like. I have to fix that, thanks!

I know, remember I we discussed that on post 47-48 of this thread... you made it sound like it was manageable.

Hey the bike looks mean but tail needs something.

Took one of your pics, reversed direction, added race tail..dig ?.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts