Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike past 35000miles this summer and I thought I will "celebrate" this with some rebuilding this winter.

Things I'm going to do with the engine is:

1070cc (76mm) JE FSR Piston kit
Ported head
WEBCAM hardweld camshafts
APE valvesprings
APE lightened and balanced crank with new bearing journals
Removal of the balancer using APE dummy shaft
.018" cometic head gasketa
Dynojet Ignition module (I've PC3 and QS today)

I'm gonna keep the stock valves for now.

On the chassi:
New steering bearings
Change oil and springs in the fork
Service the Wilbers shock
And the usual wear parts (brake pads, drive chain etc)

Today with Gianelli fullsystem, DNA-airfilter, PAIR-removal, TREmod, PC3, I've got 158hk.

I'm aiming to be ready for the start of the 2013 season (app, so it's a longterm project.
But the status for now is, cylinder is at Millennium Tech for bore and replating, crank at APE for lightening and I'm doing a shoppinglist (o-ring, gaskets etc).

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why not change the cylinder head from a newer model for better results.?
Don't really want to go in to that mess really, I want it simple!

I work at a motorcycleparts distributor and workshop in Sweden, we do this daily, so the work isn't a problem for me.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
The list looks good. Who did your head? Is there reason for not going with the os valves at this time?

Good luck on the build.:cheers

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
i bought my bike with a KWS 1070 engine in it, and im very happy with that, i have how ever been looking at what the 1143, and seeing what would be needed to do that motor. ill need to ride it more before i make my mind up after a year of riding it though before i make that decision. the 1070 was a friggen blast on a track day i did at grattan in MI, although the closing speed you have on other bikes on the straights is ehhh a smidge on the scary side, thats offset by the corner exit wheelies woo hoo

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
You will LOVE the 1070,if you have a real good head on it it's gonna fly. Id keep the balance shaft if it were my bike however

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The list looks good. Who did your head? Is there reason for not going with the os valves at this time?

Good luck on the build.:cheers
The head will a colleague do at my work. I'm doing the rest as assembling and dynotuning.

It's first an financial issue, then it's interesting for us to see what gain you can get with the stock valves then do the +1mm OS valvejob, if the gain overweights the cost.

I can't wait til it's done!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude, why did you remove the picture, I laugh so hard that every time I tried to reply I could'nt!

Anyway, Millenium Tech is done with the cylinder. I haven't heard anything from APE and WEBCAM about the crank and the cams, but I guess they will be ready in like 2-3 weeks or so.

The cylinder head is almost done. We use the MIRA valveseat cutter.

I disassembled the front brake calipers today for some cleaning.
I also bought new brakepads which I'm going to send with the brakediscs to a company called RG Brakes.
If you use google chrome or google translate you can read about his work at his site: http://www.rgbrakes.se/

He has a patented machine that refurbish the discs to a 0.01mm tolerance. And he will also "break-in" the pads aswell.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Nice!:cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
my bike has 63.000km i would like to put in 76mm pistons too but here in greece we dont have workshop to do it.
my only way is to send it to millenium.ita alot of money for me now...
good luck on your project..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Long time no see!

I've been really bad at updating, sorry about that. Hade a ton to do at work since last update. But here is an update anyway.

I got the crank back from APE, who removed the counterbalancer-gear and lightened the crank about 1kg.

Webcam-camshaft, ape valvesprings, 0,018" cometic headgasket, jepistons 76mm 13:5 pistons (which is waiting for some gasporting to minimize blowby), new crank and conrod bearings and more.

At the chassi, I've replaced that Wilbers shock to an new Öhlins 46PRXLS shock. I will set the ride height and sag when the bike is complete.

I'm waiting for a new set of rear wheel bearings, and a black Driven chain kit from MotoMummy, lookin really good.

What is left on the engine is gasporting the pistons, other than that, its only reassembly left.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Very nice! Looking forward to the end results!

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Any updates with the build Emil?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts