Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... i think that i found my bike... It isn't currently running - has carb problems, but i would like to know some stuff about the slingshot models of the gsx-r - anyone have one or heard anything about them? I am looking to get this bike and get it running sometime this winter. Is there a good shop manual i need, what are problems these bikes always have, and is under $1000 a good deal for this bike? Like i said, it isn't running, and it is supposed to have a bad carb. It has brand new skins (not on the bike yet, and looks to be in pretty decent shape - it doesn't look like it has gone down as far as i can tell.

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
what exact year is it, and a 750 or 1100? these bikes don't really have any major issues.....but it could be a lot more than the carbs that aren't working right....

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Jeff's got you in the right direction...size and year are the first steps. I've got both the Suzuki factory manual and the Clymer (m383) manual for my '86 750. The Clymer is okay but I prefer the factory manual when I really gotta tear things apart. $1000 is not a bad price, but see if they'll let you get a second opinion. Do you have any buddies that are mechanically inclined? You may want to check out these threads...what to look for

carbs

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: bcklrcr ]

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I have read a little on the slingshot. It seems like it would be a preety strong running bike. Make sure you go through it well. Good luck getting it running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts