Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
8,059 Posts
if that plug is leaking why is there oil/wetness above the plug?

pull the plastics, nose and panels, wash that engine CLEAN top to bottom..

then run it, up to temp, search for leaks up front, hold RPMs to 3000 or so if its not leaking off idle, still no leak gonna have to crack it open several times to build pressure and get the oil thin..

I can see oil up on the cylinder overhang and the wind pressure wont blow it up that high and cover it completely like that just from a slow less than drip leak off that plug..

my guess/bet is its coming from the valve cover at a decent clip, how often do you have to top off?

· Premium Member
8,059 Posts
welp this might sound freeking weird cuz it is, I watch that mechanic dood that posts pics of oddities coming through automotive shops, compilations .. "customer states" something like that?

dood had a brake master cylinder on a car forget the rig where the end of it pin holes formed and fluid was leaking out when you pumped the brakes, no chit

any way you can mount a full time cam up front where it can catch the action? clean her spotless then see where it comes from? if not perform the steps I layed out, strip her down, clean it, run it and wait.. see where its coming from, you wont be the first guy to chase down a leak

1 - 2 of 2 Posts