Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
The fact that it says "chec" on the dash leads me to think it is the kickstand switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kickstand is OK, kilswitch too. In service, no one knows where the problem is. I apologize for the translation, my English is poor.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
"chec" indicates that is ecu isn't receiving any communication.

Check your stop/run switch, and your fuses as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stop/run switch is OK i have new wires and kickstand is disconnected. Maybe it does FUEL PUMP FAN SWITCH RELAY or Flasher relay...., but I dont know

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,170 Posts
There's a posibility that the various switches, esp. the kickstand switch test fine while the bike is stationary, but fail at certain circumstances, for instance due to bumps and a weak stand spring or due to resonance at certain rpms. It might be a good idea to try and isolate the switch entirely, by temporarily disconnecting it and jumping the wires manually. Just don't hack up the wiring in the process, be extra careful while riding and don't leave it like that permanently, if it works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kickstand is disconnect, but the wires are connected as if they stand functioned. The problem is somewhere in the circuit switching box, killswitch and relays fuel. How to proceed in removing the problem? Will be resolved through exchange relays?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bet it's the fuel pump relay. I had the same issue with my K1 1000, changed the relay and it was all good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any news on the issue? I think I am having the same or similar issue.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,776 Posts
^What are the symptoms when it dies? Does the cluster get power? What is displayed on the cluster's LCD panel. Are you in neutral and does the neutral light come on? Does the fuel pump prime?

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,104 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check the two connectors going into the ECU and the ECU connector pins for corrosion.

Water can get in there from washing, or riding in the rain. I pulled mine out last year to inspect and there was significant corrosion, but not failing yet.

My 99 R1 corrosion went to far before I noticed, and had to buy new ECU.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts