Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

GSX-R 1000 2017 clutch mod

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Ubba 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,
i have a GSXR 1000 2017. I am not a very fast guy but i am afraid fast enough to understand that the OEM clutch isn't really working too well.

I was wondering whether there is a cheap mod to make it a little better. Is there?

(i know that yoshimura bla bla bla, i cannot spend those money thanks 0:))

#3 ·
What issues are you having with the clutch? Make it better in what way?

#4 ·
ok, sorry for not been clear.
basically (in racing use) when i brake "hard" and i downshift 3-4 gears with Woolich blipper, the bike gets into a slide left-right (like snaking).

I strongly believe it can be corrected with a better geometry (less weight transfer towards front) but I also believe that the slipper clutch does not reduce the counter torque enough. Maybe i am wrong, but would be nice if somebody know how to (whether it is possible) modify the clutch to make it work a bit better.

#5 ·
Ubba, my friend, you must go 'after market' for your slipper clutch needs, because you are asking the cheepo Suzuki system to cope with some pretty harsh/unsympathetic down-shifts, and I'm surprised you haven't popped the drive train somewhere.
Try Sigma, but don't expect even them to fully resolve your challenge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.