Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
i have a GSXR 1000 2017. I am not a very fast guy but i am afraid fast enough to understand that the OEM clutch isn't really working too well.

I was wondering whether there is a cheap mod to make it a little better. Is there?

(i know that yoshimura bla bla bla, i cannot spend those money thanks 0:))

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
What issues are you having with the clutch? Make it better in what way?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, sorry for not been clear.
basically (in racing use) when i brake "hard" and i downshift 3-4 gears with Woolich blipper, the bike gets into a slide left-right (like snaking).

I strongly believe it can be corrected with a better geometry (less weight transfer towards front) but I also believe that the slipper clutch does not reduce the counter torque enough. Maybe i am wrong, but would be nice if somebody know how to (whether it is possible) modify the clutch to make it work a bit better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ubba, my friend, you must go 'after market' for your slipper clutch needs, because you are asking the cheepo Suzuki system to cope with some pretty harsh/unsympathetic down-shifts, and I'm surprised you haven't popped the drive train somewhere.
Try Sigma, but don't expect even them to fully resolve your challenge.

·
17,001 Posts
Hello,
i have a GSXR 1000 2017. I am not a very fast guy but i am afraid fast enough to understand that the OEM clutch isn't really working too well.

I was wondering whether there is a cheap mod to make it a little better. Is there?
Have you spent time on the track?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts