Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my dilemma i have a 2004 gsx600f which requires a new bottom engine case due to a crash (not me).I have a case from a 1997 bandit however their is one digit difference in the number stamped on the two cases mine is 4SZZ697 the doner case from the bandit is 3SZZ697.Although they appear to be exactly the same.Any one out their who might be able to clear this up as i do not want two rebuild the engine only to fined a problem many thanks for any replies ta :banghead

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Here is my dilemma i have a 2004 gsx600f which requires a new bottom engine case due to a crash (not me).I have a case from a 1997 bandit however their is one digit difference in the number stamped on the two cases mine is 4SZZ697 the doner case from the bandit is 3SZZ697.Although they appear to be exactly the same.Any one out their who might be able to clear this up as i do not want two rebuild the engine only to fined a problem many thanks for any replies ta :banghead
As far as I know (correct me if wrong) but you cant just replace one section of a crank case, they are made as a pair (line bored for the bearings) and made to match. just like the cam bearing caps are line bored (cant buy the caps separately)..

luck

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
For technical assistance with your GSX600F (Katana), you should got to KatRiders.com
It is full of lots of people who are more than willing to help.
Or even the "oil cooled" forum as the Katana's are basically GSXR engines. To OP, why post this in "oil and lubrication" forum?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your reply you are correct they are line bored i was nt sure if as i have just found out good job i have the top and bottom cases i think i wil just replace the pair to be safe ta

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
why post in oil and lubrication because i could not find a forum on here that said engine rebuild problems solved in a jiffy thanks for the manual ref

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks i will look the katana boyz up them up strange how the katana and gsx engines and bandits all share the same generic engine im new to suzuki, honda and triumph are normally my bag ta

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Save yourself a shitload of trouble,just buy a good running used engine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts