Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I hope im posting in the correct section for this issue.
My 2014 Suzuki GSR 750 (12000 Miles) recently developed a high pitch whine when the bike is turned off. it only happens after the bike has been for a journey and reached normal running temperature. i noticed it when rolling the bike freely after shutting the bike off. Its a high pitch whine not very loud just unusual..it appears to come from the engine/front sprocket area. you can hear it best when head is closer to that general area (on both sides of the bike).

I dont hear the issue when the bike is cold..taking the bike from the garage in the morning..only after ive been for a spin and im rolling it back into garage..the bike seems to be driving fine. but this issue is definitely new and has me a little worried its the start of something.
i wouldnt be mechanically inclined which doesn't help. if anyone can help diagnose its you guys.

At first i thought it was just brakes rubbing. but i can confirm that is not the case.
I read accounts about the front sprocket nut coming loose(working its way off)..but first glance my sporocket seems fine..no play or movement at all..

however i haven't removed the sprocket casing as of yet..to be honest not being mechanical minded the its a bit of a job to remove the sprocket cover and so far ive been unable to find a video showing exactly how to do it on youtube..any help would be much appreciated on that front.

any help would be greatly appreciated. i have a video of the sound being made but unfortunately i cant add it to the post because im a noob to the forum.

appreciate any help on this folks. thanks Andy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply Susser tod. I opened the gas tank and moved the bike back and forth..noise is still there..the sound is not coming from the tank area as such. it didnt get any louder or quieter with the tank open.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Can you do a video of it? Can't be the sprocket if the engine is off and the bike is not moving, I suspected the noise could be coming from the EVAP system, thats located under the tank and could be building up too much pressure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i may have found the problem..i borrowed a paddock stand from a friend of mine. went out for a quick psin on the bike to get temp up. when i raised the rear wheel i git thebhigh pitch sound coming from the rear brake disc! but this wasnt happening when the bike was cold. so that was throwing me off . its a very feint high pitch sound very unusual sound for a brake disc. i had checked the discs on more than 1 occasion and it didnt show. the paddock stand took the weight off the wheel and then i was able to pin point it. i wouldnt mind i got brave and took off the front sprocket cover..i was worries the bolt had come loose or something serious was going down. but it was all good. filthy dirty but thats to be expected. cleaned it up and put back together. ill have a good look at the rear pads and disc tomorrow incase theres a warp or something.
appreciate your replies i had a bit of a a panic on there for a day or so. thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts