Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got kinda bored a few days ago and couldn't sleep, so I took some time to type up a small article on how riding sportbikes in a group changes from slower machines, and what techniques to use. JonT suggested I post it up here, so here is the URL. Let me know what you all think!

Performance Riding in Groups

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
I think that EVERYONE would benifit by reading this. Not just newbies to group riding but everyone. It is a very good writeup.

Oh and did I mention
Poorboy

jontflesh

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jon ... can you make it sticky? That way it won't disappear into forum oblivion.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Poorboy, 5 stars for you. Oh wait we don't have that option anymore. I'll go the Fleshy route then. Out of the possible 5 pissers, I give it

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Originally posted by ratman69:
Great writeup! This should be placed somewhere permanently on the site!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't worry I will be sure to cut and paste it w/o permission and add it to the FAQ

jontflesh

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jon

You can just use the link if you want, it's not like the site is going anywhere. Or whatever, if you really want to paste the whole thing for the FAQ here that's fine just copy it in it's entirety...

Thanks for the good words guys!

[ 05-03-2002, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: poorboy ]

·
Registered
241 Posts
Very nice article,good writing,everyone should read this and take something from it.Please everyone ride safe and have fun.

·
Registered
194 Posts
nice article, thanks for sharing that with us

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Good read there bro. I try to do all that. I am a newer rider Second year on bike about 8,000 miles. I have yet to go balls out tire sliding through turns. I keep im my own group of one the slow group but I alway's get there and i have fun doing it.

I almost like being in the back, being newer I get Nervous. I if take a trun wide I'm wondering are they gonna be passing me at that time or something. It's safer for me and the rest of the group. When the speeds start going up I tell most people to pass, plus I don't want to hold them up.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'd like to see a section added about police interaction which is likely to take place at some point.. the article in a way emphasizes the safety and sensibility aspect of the sport but still that doesn't mean much if points are going to be accumulated for excessive speed, regardless of whether technically you're being more responsible and 'safer' overall than say a drunk or even your average driver. I dunno what kind of tips you could add to that really, perhaps theres some advice to be had for getting the whole group out of a tight situation when pulled over. Or at some point suggesting it just be taken to a track. Its a good article, along with the 'pace' ones which I've known about for a while now.. I'm just suggesting these additions.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm, well while I agree that the info about police interaction is good to know, I don't know how it fits into that article. I guess there is an assumption that everyone is aware of the traffic laws they may be breaking, and have already accepted the risk of a ticket. I specifically focused on the safety issues and how riding that fast can differ from the MSF teachings, I'd rather not get it too off topic.

About all I could offer as advice is that if pulled over, people not mouth off to the cop - they are doing their job, and you were speeding (or whatever the case may be). Being courteous and honest is about the only way to calm the cop down, which may or may not get you out of a ticket.

Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Great article. Thanks Bro.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Great write up man....I agree with everyone else here that everyone should read this and it should be made "sticky"

1 - 20 of 34 Posts