Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The motor is doing well. I've got maybe 350 miles on it.

Tomorrow I'm going with a group of loons on TL's, Ducks and a T595...there might be a busa, Mille, 929 or ZX-9 too.

As per the email I got the other day...
=========================================
Hey All, Yup you heard it WISpR is not Dead (just busy.... okay & lazy) TL Back up & running!

First WISpR Ride! of 2002

Date----- June 23, 2002 (this Sunday)
Time-----Arrive 10:00 AM Departure Time 10:30
Location-Black Earth, WI (My house) ** See Bottom **
Destination??? Not sure yet. Probably some of the Best MC roads that can be found in WI. Or anything off the top of my head. I will try to whip up a map?
Why? Why Not! to catch up with some old friends & meet some new!

I will try to update the WISpR site Soon!

**If you Need Directions to our house Please e-mail me & I will send them to you.**

Watch the Weather!! ride at you own risk! I am planning on riding. Unless it will be raining all day.

Please wear All available Gear! Helmet, Jacket, & Gloves are a must! Any more will NOT be Frowned upon. Any Less WILL.
Please leave your tostrone at home & attach your Brain. The last thing I want is to scrape any one off the pavement! This is a "Spirited" Ride NOT A RACE! Ride at you OWN pace! & last Lets have FUN!

Thanks
Brian K
www.wispr.net <http://www.wispr.net/>
Wisconsin Sport Riders

============================================
I can be happy bringing up the rear keeping the revs under 7000 for another 200 or so miles but I'd dearly love to let it rip and peel some paint off the twins.

Any feedback?

[ 06-22-2002, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Simon Orttan ]

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Be sensable, unless yuo want me to come up to Wis next weekend with a case of beer and my tools to help ya re-build again

-Karl

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bring the cams and some Huber.

I'll just be the sweeper for the ride. I know the area and 99% of the roads where we'll be. Most of the group is from Milwaukee or Iowa. And then we have Tommy and his new T595...his old Duc ST2 was known as the "farm implement"...he like to ride it through soy bean, feed corn and tobbacco fields. He got rid of it after the chain broke and took the case with it. So I'll just stay far enough behind him to call his wife to bring the trailer if he needs.

I just have to find the recharger for my Chatterbox and I'll be set.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
I'm going to drain the oil, install the Nordskog oil temp guage, and scrape the bugs off today...and then I have 2 tons of pavers to put in my front yard
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">err...the wife made me do it the other way around...
Pavers first.

motorcycle tomorrow

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...all turned out well yesterday. It was a smaller group than originally intended. Brain (TLS), Randy (929), Ty (Falco), two new guys on an R1 and a TLS and me. Tommy could't make it because his newish T595 was giving him FI hassles so he took it apart.
So much for getting rid of the bad mojo from his Ducati.

Anyway...We were all over souther Wisconsin...we ended up doing about 300 miles for the day. I sat back until the motor passed through 500 miles and then I "picked it up" a bit...and the front wheel too
second gear is now my friend while getting on it.

Everyone kept the pucker factor below 5 (1-10) and the only cop we saw was a Dane Co Sheriff dealing with a youngster that had totalled his Honda F4i on a gravelly sweeper. (no one we recognized) We were 10 miles from home so we toddled in as not to suffer the ire of the other Sheriffs in the area.

I'm going to drain the oil, install the Nordskog oil temp guage, and scrape the bugs off today...and then I have 2 tons of pavers to put in my front yard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts