Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride an 06 GSXR 750.

I started my bike up yesterday and heard a strange grinding sound from the Stator Cover. I can only hear it at idle, probably because the engine sound exceeds grinding. When I touch the stator cover I can hear the sound [of course] but also feel a light vibrating.

Any ideas?

Loren

·
Registered
829 Posts
Obviously something isn't right with the stator/rotor etc... Substitute a large flat head screwdriver for an stethoscope... Place the head on the cover and the handle to your ear. It will amplify any noises coming from that area. Once you are sure the grinding noises are indeed from under the stator cover, open the cover and take a look inside.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,
I will do that. I am not really sure what to look for at that point. I did replace the cover a couple thousand miles back, but that is because it got cracked in a "tip over" incident. It has worked perfect since then until now.
Loren

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just did mine today on my 07' gsxr and when I put everything back together, I started her up and it sounded fine until I accelerated a little after it decelerated you can hear a tiny little rattle noise... Also when she starts up it makes a whining noise then stops all coming from the stator area please tell me what to do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts