Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get the UK model grey R for my US black bike. I took off all the stripes and decals and I think the grey R would be a nice finish. Also it would cover up the big Gouge in the paint I put trying to get the Glue off under that stupid neon orange R the factory put there. There is still glue all over the bike that I cant get off. Gas,Goo Gone, Sticker Shock,Nail Polish Remover and nothing will take the glue off.

·
Registered
941 Posts
try a dremel tool and some 80 grit sand papaer.....lmao...

<This was a joke, do not take litererally>

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had the same problem.... that shit they used is strong as shit. You have to take the fairings off and get a big can of Acetone. I rubbed so hard it felt like it was going to break, but finally the glue came off. Then I polished the panels a few times with some meguairs and its good as new.

As anyone removed the "S" from the tank? I wanna know if they used the same glue on the "S" as they did on the "R" sticker cuz if they did I dont wanna remove the "S" until winter so if something goes wrong I can repaint the tank as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
how did you take the stickers off? Did you heat them up with a blowdryer? You might want to try heating up the glue that is left with a blowdryer and then rubbing off with goof-off or WD-40. By the way Im looking for the same sticker in grey.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey pureevil,
The glue for the S is not the same glue. It comes off pretty easily, and most of it stayed on the S and not on the tank

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used 3M adhesive remover. Worked like a charm. Most body shops have it in stock, go borrow some from your bondo-bitch buddy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Get some "De-Solv-it", it's yellow and comes in a blue and orange bottle. You can get it at Wal-mart. It will take the glue off no prob and will not hurt your paint/fairings. It's the best, period!

·
Registered
419 Posts
3M wasn't strong enough.... I bought some of that and it didn't work. I had to use acetone and rub really fucking hard. The body shop my friend works at said he hasn't seen anything this strong before. With acetone it took me 2 hrs of hard rubbing to get it off.

Thanks for the tip on the S I will remove that tonight.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are so lucky with those LE models they are nice. I thought any decal on the tank was cleared in and can not be removed. Oneida has the decals but they are calling them chrome not grey. I am going to call them to see about that. And if I buy a panel can I get it plain!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts