Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Super Moderator
Well, I got excited too soon. On the second day, a day where I hit a lot of stop and go traffic. My exhaust side bag melted. The vendor said they couldn't warranty it due to the aftermarket exhaust. So now, I'm back at square one with a lighter wallet. Oh well. Still loving the bike though!

That sucks! Seems like those are a set of solid bags. I guess they're just not able to be that close to the pipe. :scratch Maybe you need a full carbon end can. But then of course that's more money out of your wallet. :hammer

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks. I'll figure something out. My phone and cardo fit under the rear seat so at least they'll be "secured." I may just leave a backpack on the tank with my rain gear. I'll have to buy a new set of rain pants as they melted with the bag. 馃が

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Let me know if I should start another post, but I thought I would give an update with what I went to after the fail with the Blaze bags. I ended up getting a Kriega US30 bag. I can't lock it onto the bike, but I can keep small valuables under the seat while I'm at work. If anyone has the cojones to steal it from a prison parking, I guess I should be glad they didn't steal the bike too 馃槢 I also replaced a broken plastic piece at the rear, adjusted the foot pegs to the lowest position, and reversed the shift pattern (I couldn't reliably adjust my muscle memory when I was on it and kept on downshifting at inopportune moments 馃槷

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks Carnage. And thanks for the mention about tank bags too. These Kriega bags are supposed to be modular and so based on need and budget, I can attach additional ones of varying sizes to the bag I already have. I hope the one I have is sufficient, but it's nice to have the option.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts