Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
After a few short miles I found the stock windscreen too short to get my helmet behind....so I searched around and found a Puig for just $91 at Sportbike Track Gear. Surprisingly, "Brian Van from SportbikeTrackGear.com" actually had these sitting on the shelf in dark smoke.....and shipped it out same day. That was awesome! As for Puig's fit....well, it's an aftermarket plastic body part.....you get the picture. But if you're curious as to what they look like on the 2017-20 GSX-R1000....here ya' go.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a similar blade on my fairing too, quite dark, made by Puig (strange name but it is what it is I suppose).. Against the red colour of the bike, it looks VERY nice... It too is a double bubble like yours..
Al

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The "dark smoke" turned out to be darker than Puig's marketing materials lead buyers to believe. I think it's a little too dark, but in my case I can live with it since I don't do much riding at night. At the moment I'm just happy to have a windscreen that I can actually get my melon behind.:giggle:

·
Registered
126 Posts
The "dark smoke" turned out to be darker than Puig's marketing materials lead buyers to believe. I think it's a little too dark, but in my case I can live with it since I don't do much riding at night. At the moment I'm just happy to have a windscreen that I can actually get my melon behind.:giggle:
I'd have to agree on the "a little too dark" comment if you are the type of rider to tuck in behind the blade. You can see through it and reasonably easily too but at high speed you want all the vision you can get. I don't ride at those speeds and I just think it looks cool,, red and black always go together.. Anyway, your RR looks real nice...

Al

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The Lightech adjusters really do make chain adjustments fast and easy. And the stuff fits very, very well, so install is a snap. The only draw-back is that they're not cheap. SportbikeTrackGear.com did a pretty good install video...it's where I got mine. Once I get rear sets, my GSXR project will finally be finished.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's a good video,, I saw it moments after I saw your pics.. I totally agree with the guy about this piece being more than just eye candy, and half the reason I actually like it is because it does appear to have that degree of accurate functionality built in to its construction. Not only does it look N-I-C-E, but it also looks like it's far more precise than the stock standard unit. Personally, I always align the chain with the sprockets visually as well as by the physical adjusters and I always look at how central the rear sprockets teeth appear in between the rollers and links as the wheel spins. Many times in the past on other bikes, visually the chain appears to be on one side of the rear sprocket after adjustment and even with a simple chain alignment tool it shows that the chain might have a small bow in it between the front and rear sprockets, showing that things aren't aligned properly. A few months back I had to remove the rear wheel from my R1000 L8 to fit a small mod and when it was put back in place and adjusted via the standard unit, there was a tiny misalignment, so I re-adjusted to the visual spec, and you couldn't even notice the difference on the adjusters. The graduation marks on the stock adjusters are like rough canyons rather than adjustment markers, while the Lightech looks infinitely finer.
My post COVID budget is a bit sick looking compared to say a year ago and the Lightech is not cheap, but yes I like it, and I'd like to think I might have to make a move on getting one, even if it is mostly for visual effect...

Al

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Did the Suzuki red "S" emblem swap. Kinda' like puttin' JDM emblems on a Civic:LOL:....but I couldn't stand the original chrome "S" badges that came with the bike. The red "S" badges are a genuine Suzuki accessory that are the exact same size as the stock originals. Suzuki sells them as a pair, and they're dirt cheap....my local dealer price matched an on-line retailer.(y)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts