Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering where are some of the best motorcycle cities in this country, in terms of the number and quality of sportbike riders, good weather, variety of roads in good shape which are not over patrolled etc. I would think Vancouver and Calgary would be high on the list.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Some good roads are the south shore of NS along the Lighthouse Trail and some back rural roads in the Annapolis Valley. Some sections are a bit rough in the early stages of the riding season but as they heat up they seem to smooth out.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
I'm going to have to agree ... the eastern and western coasts of Canada are amazing. Everything else in between is boooooring

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Robben said:
East coast. Halifax and Moncton.
The best roads of course aren't IN the cities, eh?
No, that can't be true? Are you sure about that? Here I was thinking all along that riding IN the cities was the best place for 150 hp sport bikes, where they can be wheelie at 150 km/hr down residential streets with children playing and drag raced and run at top speed through traffic with 25 bikes in tow, eh?
Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The Island Highway on Vancouver Island is good from Nanaimo to Campbell River. Rarely a cop around and terrific for high speed.
Other good rides are out to Tofino, Gold River, and Port Hardy.

·
Squid
3,564 Posts
Edmonton in the city kicks alot of ass, theres tons of twisties and out of the way back roads to pin it on.

Good times.

·
Registered
843 Posts
che said:
Robben said:
East coast. Halifax and Moncton.
The best roads of course aren't IN the cities, eh?
No, that can't be true? Are you sure about that? Here I was thinking all along that riding IN the cities was the best place for 150 hp sport bikes, where they can be wheelie at 150 km/hr down residential streets with children playing and drag raced and run at top speed through traffic with 25 bikes in tow, eh?
Thanks for the insight.
Try 100+ sportbike going 200km/h+ on the freeway, that's how we do it in Moncton.

No cop even dared pull us over

·
Registered
22 Posts
beeboy said:
The Island Highway on Vancouver Island is good from Nanaimo to Campbell River. Rarely a cop around and terrific for high speed.
Other good rides are out to Tofino, Gold River, and Port Hardy.
wHOoT!!!
Made it most of the way to Port Renfrew on the weekend, that was nice. Just waiting for it to be a bit warmer to try CR to Gold River. I thought I had seen cops around Qualicum Bay on 19. Guess that was a while ago though. Hell, the last time I went up there I came back at 200 for a while, just a nice leasuley (sic) cruise
Go Vancouver Island!!!

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Not necessarily. I'm from London, and that city sucked for bikes, or roads. My last ride down there summer of '04, I saw very few on the streets. Moncton and Halifax are great, and I live a couple hours away from either.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Calgary,Alberta......mountain twisties are a easy 30 minute drive away...day runs to Bannf - Radium BC...etc....This is the place to be
....oh and no PST

Actually I'm from Ontario...been out here for...um....well a long time....Northern Ontario is great for twisties, just get rid of the OPP
sneaky buggers. Some day plans to do a east coast run...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts