Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
91 95 98 What do you 95 GSXR750W run in yours ? I use 98 in every thing i have.But guy in work shop trying to work out a problem with mine has put 91 in it. We dont know if spark plugs failure symptoms are from.I have other post on here about this $$$$ story.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Minimum 95 octane. 91 is a big no-no!

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Use low octane fuel and you get detonation, especially on these high compression beasties. Damage can include broken spark plug insulators, broken piston ring lands, and spun big-end bearings. Very quickly you can join the rod-out-the-cases club.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Use low octane fuel and you get detonation, especially on these high compression beasties. Damage can include broken spark plug insulators, broken piston ring lands, and spun big-end bearings. Very quickly you can join the rod-out-the-cases club.
Thanks yes i went seen bike shop,told him about no less then 95.I do have to say i took it 4 bit of test run with 91 they have in it with 5L 98 mixed she ran beautiful, did every thing right.Temp only hit 60c on 30c day.If she starts on all 4 banks next few days in shop,ill pick her up go straight to BP 98. I did not go over 6000 rpm.Will up date soon as i know more,Cheers Peter RTE38

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
So what about the ethanol/methanol being added to the fuel today? When Esso changed over to their Synergy brand, I was pulling my carbs apart to clean the yellow sludge and sticky crap at least twice a week. Whatever they were adding created a yellow sticky slime that coated everything the fuel came in contact with, almost immediately. As you can imagine, any hopes of getting a consistent tune set up was impossible. I was playing with jets trying to get it to run better, but didn't take long to stop going there for gas. 1 of the older guys at a local shop was telling me that a lot of older bikes are having problems running the newer fuel. The service manual for my 750 says fuel with no more than 5% ethanol/methanol, and from what I've learned most companies are blending at least 10%, in some cases 15% to their gas. After contacting 3 big fuel retailers, I was told by all that the reg and premium fuels at the pump have methanol/ethanol added, however the mid grade has 0%. I switched to the mid grade fuel, doesn't matter where I go, haven't had a fuel issue since. There's so many blue heads and nearly deads on the road, I didn't notice any performance difference running mid grade fuel.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok all fixed,was jetted way over now back to stock jets with air box back.Needle slides set way to rich.I put all new coils leads caps plugs ect so happy about all that even if they where not warranted .Got the $1000 cdi box to sit on my parts shelf,was last new one left in Aus.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts