Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GSX-R1000R. Full yoshi exhaust, power commander, auto tuner, K&N race air filter.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought a new bike and I want to add a GPS tracker to it in case someone tries to steal it. I know Lo-Jack no longer makes them for bikes. I also know that some products are likely to kill the battery pretty quickly if you don't ride often. What would you recommend? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Tell ya what, I had an alarm on my old 750, and when I switched to the newer lithium batteries, they kept insta dying on me. While riding they would just go to zero and be dead, without warning, even though they reported healthy. It's due to the power draw, the newer batteries don't play well with it for some reason. I want to add a tracker to mine as well, but I am hesitant due to my previous expierences.

·
Registered
2020 GSX-R1000R. Full yoshi exhaust, power commander, auto tuner, K&N race air filter.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm considering getting one of the little ones that have their own internal batteries that you can just take off to recharge and then put it back. But i'm not sure which one of them is the better bang for your buck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts