Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watch the GP125 race yesterday on SPEED? I was wondering if anyone new the outcome of the horrific crash that took out 1st and 2nd place on the fnal lap.

2nd position ran over 1st (and not his bike) then cartwheeled about 3 times through the trap.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
I have not seen the Mugello 125 race yet, but read about it.

Miralles has undergone surgery to repair multiple fractures in his right leg.

the 125 series is really cracking this year!!!!!!!!!! they trade more paint and places than nascar...

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not seen the Mugello 125 race yet, but read about it.

Miralles has undergone surgery to repair multiple fractures in his right leg.

the 125 series is really cracking this year!!!!!!!!!! they trade more paint and places than nascar...
yeah, that was actually my first 125 race to watch....amazing! how much hp those bike putting out? top speed?

they look so flickable it is ridiculous!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
how much hp those bike putting out? top speed?

they look so flickable it is ridiculous!
About 50-55 hp in GP trim. They weight about 160lbs and are amazingly flickable. I would just have to think about a turn and rail through it.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
yeah, mid 50's horsepower for the great bikes at this point and yes around 160-170 pounds depending on the rider weight. most of those kids don't weigh shit so I think some have to add ballast to make the minimum FIM weight.

anyways, yeah they are flickable as hell but will still flick someone off in a high-side in a heartbeat! whole lotta corner speed on those little devils.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts