Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how to change the 05 750 to GP shifting. The search feature has been changed to search for only one month at a time. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Make sure you flip it a complete 180 degrees...it's easy to get it wrong by a couple of teeth, make sure you test it somewhere safe and lowspeed before you go tearing it up. I did it to my 600 and didn't really care for it, maybe I should have given it more time though.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when you say flip you mean flip from top to bottom or from right to left. this is the part i flip right?

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
when you say flip you mean flip from top to bottom or from right to left. this is the part i flip right?

Yes....dat be dat part meng!!

njracer

·
Registered
117 Posts
Its okay if your off by a couple of teeth, it just means that your lever will be higher or lower than before. I had to adjust mine a little when I got my Sidi boots.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Clue me in...

What is GP shifting (I assume it is how Moto GP bikes are setup) and why is it better (if so)? Thanks,

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
better?? thats an opinion

instead of 1 down 5 up

its now 1 up 5 down
I tried it for a week, but it just drove me nuts, i keep doing the opposite when I need to shift in a hurry. So when it came twistie time, I just couldn't handle the apprehension of going into a corner and not for sure which gear I was in because the wrong one could get you in a world of hurt. I don't race enough to care. If i was in a circuit I might. But personally I tried it and never liked it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
GP Shifting is 'better' because its easier to push down the shifter during turns. But since most of us dont see the track or are at that level of skill, it doesnt make a difference.

I changed mine to GP shifting and I got used to it after a week. I had been riding non-GP style shifting for 8 months prior.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
i was almost 3 years of normal riding, but you shouldn't be shifting in corners anyhow. I will say i've entered one at the wrong gear b4 or didn't realize how long the corner was and have shifted up, but thats REALLY rare. but its not just easier to shift, its a safty factor because you won't drag your foot and wreck if you try to shift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts