Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are guys doing to get the link away from the plastic using GP shifting?

wonder if I can just heat it up with a heat gun and sorta pull/mold it away, its too bad they put that seam right there in the way, I literally am like forest gump with standard shifting, oh yea I'll be on the highway and get ready to pass and shift up 3 gears and look like a total idiot..

or I do the reverse, I'll shift down not up.. derp..

I tried to get used to it but I can't do it, 40 some years I don't think I ever will get it, shiddy too cuz it eliminates several potential rides for me..

the 1000's and Hayabusas just flip and nothing is in the way to bind it up.. from 03 on up anywho.. hate to have to take a sawsall to my lowers but guys gotta do what guys gotta do, what you guys been doing?

·
Registered
285 Posts
The K5 1000, and many others simply flip the linkage, - boom, done. No mods needed.
I'd riding standard shift for many years, after thinking about it the first few rides. Not a problem really now- stayed with GP shift.
And, contrary to popular belief, it's easy to ride standard/regular pattern too still. My 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I am so used to GP it sucks... the SRAD the fork rod link hits the plastic and its right where the under cowl bolts to side panel so there is that bolt there as well, panel also bolts to the frame so its tight, I could remove those bolts and see if its smoother..

think imma try and get used to regular for now?.. wonder why they did it like that? may need a custom gear shift arm link made in order to clear and shift freely for GP? all they needed to do was bubble out the plastic like they do at the clutch..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts