Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Old 99 750 Dyno\'d today

I posted this in Bike Talk too..not bad for a old stock gixxer huh..? and this is with it running rich..which means there's even more HP to be had..
..check out the air/fuel curve..I'm stoked..eat your heart out Hunter..

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Re: Got the Old 99 750 Dyno\'d today

OHM that was your motor??? Damd... I could only guess what cliffs was doing at the track.. It really feels like it was pulling harder then yours... I would love to see it on a dyno...

John

·
Registered
9,334 Posts

what kind of dyno and what kind of correction factor / ambient conditions was THAT???? mine made 117.4 for chrissss sake? do you have a modded airbox...

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts

No he doesnt have the air box mod.

I want to know what the number are too... If you bike was doing 129 then mine has to be like 134 before it blew...

John

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

YEAH..it was MY motor..
i think I know why..cause being that I'm running rich..it would cause it run even worse at the Streets..but it was pulling strong at Buttonwillow today..

JP..I have no idea what your talking about..he punched in some stuff on the puter, and gassed it..did that a few times..keep in mind this was a portable dyno in a trailer...like 2 bros. dyno..

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts

Well they are some good numbers...
What did it cost to have it done?

John

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

it wa 20.00 for just a HP reading, 10.00 xtra for the air/fuel, and another 10.00 if ya wanted a tourqe curve..also..we need to race again..at sea level...
also, we/I don't know if anything else has been done to the motor..but..I am going to do the airbox mod..

Oh..and John..get the SC1's, the super soft corsa's..I got a new rennsport fron RS1..DAYUM..sticks like glue.

·
Registered
321 Posts

Is your bike a 49 state model or a Cali model? Did suzuki make 2 different models in 99?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts

We have talked about the 49 state thing with his bike.. There is funny stuff like the head doesnt have a hole for the PAIR valve... so i am not sure... maybe it was from a older bike. We have not really gotten to much into the motor to see what things have been done, but the stock CCT was in there so if the guy did a lot of work to it he got lucky... lol

John

·
Registered
645 Posts

I'm running a mostly stock bike with exception of K&N filter, stage 2 jet, and stock exhaust (unfortunately). I'm looking for bang for the buck. Mostly waiting to do at least a can, but do you know if modding my airbox would do any good at all? It's a 96 750.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Originally posted by 96Gixx7Fitty:
I'm running a mostly stock bike with exception of K&N filter, stage 2 jet, and stock exhaust (unfortunately). I'm looking for bang for the buck. Mostly waiting to do at least a can, but do you know if modding my airbox would do any good at all? It's a 96 750.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">JP..prolly would know better than I would, but I hear it's hard to get the jetting just right..on the carbed bikes, with a airbox mod..

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts

Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
OHM that was your motor??? Damd... I could only guess what cliffs was doing at the track.. It really feels like it was pulling harder then yours... I would love to see it on a dyno...

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think all 3 of us should get together and have it out in a straight line.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts

Well right now you two would smoke me...

I cant push my bike that fast... lol

John

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Well..how bout when ya get it togther..?
I vote for a 2nd gear roll on..
I'm lousy at standing starts..

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts

Originally posted by Hammer 4:
Well..how bout when ya get it togther..?
I vote for a 2nd gear roll on..
I'm lousy at standing starts..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">But it is all about the start..
That is were I kick ass... lol

John

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts

i got a 10.72 1/4 at 129.5 my very first (and only) timed run on a drag track.

whatchu got for that old man?

how bout a first gear roll on.. from like 10mph.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Originally posted by Hunter:
i got a 10.72 1/4 at 129.5 my very first (and only) timed run on a drag track.

whatchu got for that old man?

how bout a first gear roll on.. from like 10mph.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So....ya want a dang medal..??

Never ran mine, so I guess, I got chit..

NOPE..second gear..both of ya's got lower gearing then me..so..gemme a break here...K..

Now..I just gotta get my bike running..the battery kinda took a hike..so I replaced it..now something is draining the dam thing..
I sat for 5 freakin hrs. today, waiting for a truck..

·
Registered
20 Posts

Originally posted by Hammer 4:
So....ya want a dang medal..??

Never ran mine, so I guess, I got chit..

NOPE..second gear..both of ya's got lower gearing then me..so..gemme a break here...K..

Now..I just gotta get my bike running..the battery kinda took a hike..so I replaced it..now something is draining the dam thing..
I sat for 5 freakin hrs. today, waiting for a truck..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">bummer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts