Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K5 1000 and Im seeking for some advise in what you guys recommend I should do to it. I already have an idea of what I want to get but Im looking for some ideas from other people. Also Im in middle georgia, if anybody knows of any good shops that I can have work on my bike I would appreciate it. I'll travel some if I have to.

Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
get it painted pink! lol J/K

·
Super Moderator
17,429 Posts
I have a K5 1000 and Im seeking for some advise in what you guys recommend I should do to it. I already have an idea of what I want to get but Im looking for some ideas from other people. Also Im in middle georgia, if anybody knows of any good shops that I can have work on my bike I would appreciate it. I'll travel some if I have to.

Thanks
frame sliders
full system (exhaust)
PC
brakes/rotors/lines
wheels
front/rear suspension

That should get you started & run you around $5-6K

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Depends on what "some money" means.

So far the money I've spend on it (and money well spent I think) has been frame sliders and spools, a TRS CF slip-on to get rid of the ugly stocker, a ZeroG double bubble much better wind protection, PC3usb, brighter hyperwhite headlights, and CW fender eliminator.

Altogether that ran me about $900

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am looking for performance type stuff more than anything else. I already have just about all the cosmetic stuff.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Might as well toss an Ohlin's shock and forks on there too if you have 6 grand to blow.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
The best BIG BANG for the buck for anyone with a bike would probably be investing the money in trackdays.

That said and ruling out any cosmetic mods I would start with some suspension upgrades.
Get your forks revalved or go Ohlins R&T forks.
Go with a Ohlins or Penske shock.

Then go for some nice light wheels.............if $$$ no issue BST carbon fiber are nice.

Next up would be the brakes.
Get some ss lines and maybe a Brembo master cylinder or spend a hell of a lot and get full Brembo/PVM set up..rotors, monoblock calipers. Check out the new CMC rotors from Ferodo Braketech.

Since you now have all this nice stuff on your bike you might as well get a nice full ti system like Yoshimura Japan, Akrapovic, Ti-Force, Arrow, Arata etc.....

A Power commander will be neccessary, but a more expensive alternative will be a Yoshimura EM Pro ECU and of course you could still use both of them at the same time.
Some new air intakes can give you a few hp as well.

And before jeffw comes and kicks my ass I have to mention the JSD

Now you are almost complete, but you could consider some engine work starting with some cams, and ending up spending limitless of money depending on your needs....

All this hardware needs some clothes so you could pack it in carbon fiber, tank , airbox and fairings.

Your done

PS! Before you do anything of this go and get some frame sliders and spools on your swingarm.

·
Registered
40 Posts
definitly get the jsd but get the jsd-2 it works the same but with the swiych off your gear indacator will still work. just put mine on yesterday and works great, loving it!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
What kind of difference does the jsd-2 make?
It is switchable so you can turn it off to enable your gear indicator again. The gear indicator will not work when the JSD is enabled.

On the K2 the switchable version also helps at cold starts. I turn it off during warm up of the bike and just turn it on when start riding.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 05 1000. I have a PCIII, TRS full system. Plan on putting yoshi performance cams, performance pistons, and anything else i can find for it at the time i have money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am waiting on my parts now. Once I get everything done I will post some pics. Hopefully everything will come out as planned

·
Registered
47 Posts
6k should get you a few more ponies. I just put a Sato full ti system. It has a very deep sound to it. Not sure how much power I gained. it did wake up a little.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts