Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K...Got some new Supercorsa's..SC2 for the front, and the street compound for the rear...got a super deal on these..for you guys/gals in the so. Cal area..ya might wanna PM GSXR-Freak for a hot deal on tires...
I ain't gonna say how much I paid..but I can tell ya that you couldn't get them off the net. and installed for what I got em for..

Also got me a new Shock..haven't had a chance to put it through the paces yet..tomorrow..! but just riding home for 45 mins. on the frwy..I could tell it's nice..GSXR-Freak can hook ya up with suspension mods..
Can't beat the prices..

[ 03-30-2002, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Hammer 4 ]

G

·
you lucky duck you!...be sure to keep us updated on how well they all perform!...

and it sounds like you are REALLY happy with GSXR-Freak....

i noticed a new "ratings" forum, you may want to write something up for him there. i know he has helped me out with heaps, he seems like a great bloke!

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by Nolz:
you lucky duck you!...be sure to keep us updated on how well they all perform!...

and it sounds like you are REALLY happy with GSXR-Freak....

i noticed a new "ratings" forum, you may want to write something up for him there. i know he has helped me out with heaps, he seems like a great bloke!
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>I will..going for a short juant tomorrow..
Still got to scrub the tires in..but I should have a good idea on how they'll work..

Yeah, John is a super guy..he's willing to spend a ton of time helping others with their bikes..while his sits..Gotta give John Mad Props..for helping me get a great deal on the tires, and my suspension parts...you guys should give John a shout ..

I didn't realize there was a rating forum..? guess I'll have to pop over there...

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Sweet Hammer-let us know how those tires feel. I rode with my buddy who put the 012's on his R1 and he's not so sure how he likes them just yet. He says they are sliding a bit on him, but needs to sort his suspension. I hope to get a good verdict from him soon cause my tires are getting THIN!

-Spooner

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by Spooner:
Sweet Hammer-let us know how those tires feel. I rode with my buddy who put the 012's on his R1 and he's not so sure how he likes them just yet. He says they are sliding a bit on him, but needs to sort his suspension. I hope to get a good verdict from him soon cause my tires are getting THIN!

-Spooner
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>Welp...my Short Juant..turned into a 200 mile ride..
After scrubing in the tires..and gettin use to my NEW suspension...I'm STOKED..
..You guys NEED to switch tires...these things are planted..stick like glue.. uh..in case ya didn't notice..I'm sooo happy ...flick the bike in a turn..and sticks, goes where ya want it to..I was so use to having the Pilots run out wide, that I almost crossed the double yellows a couple of times, I can get on the gas MUCH sooner than before.. ..The front feels like it's on rails..actually both tires do, but the front is really impressive..I have my suspension set a tad stiff, and prolly didn't allow me to run way harder..I'm sure that when I get to the track...WFO...is the call..

Oh..I wound up lowsiding today as well, broke my tailsection..scraped up my lower a bit, and my case..
Hit a dip where they put a couple of patches in the asphault..duh..my fault..
Oh..and the seat of my leathers look like hell too.. But all in all, it was a great ride today..

[ 03-31-2002, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Hammer 4 ]

G

·
you went down???? and scratched up your butt???? nooooo. but you seem ok though right?....

im just glad you are here to type it up and tell me about it!

not that i want to get new tyres right away but now that ive seen the difference between two manufacturers i just want to try them all! hehhehe...

just glad you are still here!

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by Nolz:
you went down???? and scratched up your butt???? nooooo. but you seem ok though right?....

im just glad you are here to type it up and tell me about it!

not that i want to get new tyres right away but now that ive seen the difference between two manufacturers i just want to try them all! hehhehe...

just glad you are still here!
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>Ahhhh..it was such a easy lowside..I'm tellin ya Nolz...the Pirellis are awesome...they tip over better than the Pilots, and stick better too, and they don't run wide like the Pilots do..just get em..you'll see..
Can you say..Just like being on Rails..???

G

·
hahaha i can tell from the words you type how much you like em hehehe...

all those easter eggs giving you a sugar high?

what are you going to do about hte damage on the bike?...custom respray?

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A custom respray..?? nah..just get a new/newer tail section, and call it good..
Well...just try the tires, if ya don't like em..send to me, I'll even pay ya for them..

And I haven't eaten one easter egg yet..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts