Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I had a customer bring in a 2012 cbr1000 to my shop the other day and he was really concernd that his bike had yellow slug where his oil should be (his words) and I know many things could course this from a leaking headgasket or aintifreez keeling into the oil but luckily after asking him a few questions I found it it was just condensation build up on the inside from warming the bike up in a cold gear age for a few minuets and shouting it off and not actualy riding it

So there's a few ways to clean it out one way is to add a andaddative to the oil and run it to operating temp and to loosen up all the slime and get it warm enough so the oil and slime thins out and then do ur oil change the other way is to do a oil change as normal no additive and run synthetic oil for about 500 miles then do a ilo change again with the recommended oil and filtere and you are good to go but the best method I found to work the best is I just add a half a quort of kerosene to the oil wile the bike is cold then run the bike for about 30 min or ride the bike as normal than do you oil change and it will remove everything and your next oil change will look like your the first person to add oil to the bike

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
Is English your second language ? Next time proof read before you post . Now my brain hurts .:lmao

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lmao some one has jokes no it's not I was typing this on my iPhone at work so yea I did not proof read it at all next time I will haha

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
I've heard of the kerosene trick to clean the inside of an engine before...

Never tried it though..

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I did Sea Foam before, ran it in there around 100 miles or so before I did the oil change.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
No issues on my end that I'm aware of, seemed like a lot of folks was "OMG don't put that in there it will ruin your clutch fibers ewe and other stuff" yet had no idea what it would do. Did it in my car(s) as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Huh that's good ima have to try that but so far I found kerosene works the bes like oil never been in the motor lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts