Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got finished installing the oil temp gauge I got from Yoshimura...Now, er emm, what temp should this thing be running at??? Not too much for mods (see sig), but clymers nor the suzuki manual give any values (or I may have just missed them)..I guess I can just run her and kinda keep track of what it's running at given temperatures,riding, and traffic..I live in Florida, so I want to keep an eye on this, especially in the summer
(no not angry,HOT!!)

Anyway, the gauge is way cool...Gives oil temp, volts, and time..plus it has a red light for temp and volts if they fall out of programable parameters...wasn't too bad to install either..Hell for $77 bucks it's ssswwweeettt...

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: Robbo ]</p>

·
Registered
389 Posts
A few years back when I had my 91 1100 yoshimura told me not to run the bike over 149c.
I found that to even be a little to hott.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
the oil cooled bikes run a bit hotter than liquid cooled ones, and their temperatures seem to vary more widely as well, in my experience.....anything between 90-115°c (i assume the yosh gauge is celsius only?) i'd consider normal. i've seen it go into the low 120's in very heavy traffic occasionally....i'd worry if the temp gets to 130° (266°f).

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, gone for a couple of days...

Hey guys, thank you for the information...

Graham, the part number for the oil temp/volt gauge is R-424...This is for the '86 - '92 GSX-R 750's & 1100's (OIL COOLED only). Check out www.yoshimura-rd.com , found under the "clearance" items

Now I know where she needs to run, temp wise, that is....

and yeah, it's in degrees C only...

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Robbo ]</p>

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
mine tends to run 90 to 110, 120 in heavy slow traffic much over 125 and i have to pull to the side of the road and let the bike cool down

·
Registered
61 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Robbo:
Graham, the part number for the oil temp/volt gauge is R-424...This is for the '86 - '92 GSX-R 750's & 1100's (OIL COOLED only). Check out www.yoshimura-rd.com , found under the "clearance" items.
[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Robbo ]
<hr></blockquote>

I do not know, what´s wrong with me, but somehow I did not even find the "clearance".
Me? Stupid? I don´t understand?
If you find a direct link to the product, please post it... I would be interested to order one. So far I have had a small gauge down in the block. It is not too easy to read, while driving

BRgrds,
LEQ

PS. Over 130C it starts wanting to have a break without Kit-Kat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Me too , I can't find on Yochi. site or any other! Please , help !?
Alex L.

... Street fighter Bandit project in progress , so far 134. HP. on back wheel !!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts