1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
how about some bigger pics?

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
They look like they need to be turned up a bit so you can read them better. JMO! Did the dealer do it for you?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I put mine on last Sunday. I like so far too. I also put on my sportstech windscreen, blue clutch and brake levers, hot bodies undertail, and the gel seat.

·
21,546 Posts
i have my sitting on my bench at home, just havent had the time to put them on yet

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They look like they need to be turned up a bit so you can read them better. JMO! Did the dealer do it for you?
I think they look fine where they are at right now. I took the pic with my phone so that's why the quality and size is down. I bought the grips at a local performance/stunt bike shop and the owner said he'd put them on for free while I was there. Normally I do most the work on my bike, but never done grips so he said he'd do it for free. I didn't want to pass that up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to Hijack your post...but how's that gel seat workin out for ya?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heard the gel seat has a tendency to crack the rear fairing on the 04/05's. That's just what I've been reading, this isn't my experience.

·
21,546 Posts
I heard the gel seat has a tendency to crack the rear fairing on the 04/05's. That's just what I've been reading, this isn't my experience.
Where did you hear that? i had mine for months not and no cracks?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
That could be caused by bolting down the seat too tight...don't know though....Fattrain had a cracked rear fairing...but then again his nickname is Fattrain.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats man. I just put my Harris Grips, GSX-R engraved polished bar ends, CB gas cap trim, and CB Top crown cover last night. The Harris grips were a bitch to get on but luckily I read some tips on another thread telling how to get the throttle side on. I love the look and since its pouring rain today it wil give the glue time to really dry. I will post pics sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like I said that's what I've heard from posts on here. I'm sure if you search about gel seats for the 04/05 Forums you'll find them.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
WRONG! I've had mine on for over a year without any problems. Fattrain had a bad tail that Suzuki covered under warranty.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
BTW... the bolts only hold it into place and do not tighten the seat down.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah my seat seems to be just fine. It's much more comfortable. I'll post some pics of the bike once I get my pipe. Actually if I get my pipe. The company the guys at work ordered it from is dicking me around. (its a gift) I hope they aren't going out of business and just keep the money.

·
420 King of the World
3,440 Posts
heres a pic of my OEM Suzuki Gel seat. I have had it on since Mile 1 and would never ride with a stocker.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
It did crack one tail, so you were not wrong.... it was just not the seats fault!

·
21,546 Posts
It did crack one tail, so you were not wrong.... it was just not the seats fault!

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
since we're talkin about the oem gel seat here,was wonderin how they were when they got wet, is it easliy wipeable like the stocker or does it soak it up?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts