Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the DMV today and spent 20 minuets practicing the test, and then 2 and a half hours waiting in line to take it. By the time I got out I felt like I forgot how to ride but I got a few minuets to practice right before which definetly helped out. I had this mean lady test me, she was just wicked evil. I had my helpmet with me and she said that I needed protective lenses in order to take the test. I told her I have my helmet which is a protective lense, she didnt agree. Luckily I had a buddy of mine there that gave my his sunglasses to wear.

Anyways the first part was a breeze just a sharpe left turn and then stopped with my front tire in the box. The second test is the pita though, you have to swerve inbetween the 5 cones and then make a sharpe turn back and then do this u-turn right. That u-turn is nearly impossible on the bike without putting your foot down, but I went at it fast and was able to pull it off.

The rest was a breeze. There was this dick cop sitting there watching me the whole time and then waited for my results to see if I passed. The cops around here are notorious for waiting to see if someone who failed leaves the DMV alone on their permit. Does anyone know if it is true that if they catch you they could ban you from taking the test for 5 years?

What metters is I passed and no longer afraid of being stopped by the police. The 750 handled like a charm, no complaints. The test area is WAY to small if you ask me.... not really set-up for anything other than a dirt bike in my opinion.

Ok, I just wanted to share my joy.... this summer will rock!

420 King of the World
Congrats, I am waiting for my day to come. I agree with that tight turn problem, not that easy on the bigger bikes.

Premium Member
Let me take a wild guess....the 750 is your 1st bike right?

If so, I hope you plan on taking the MSF course asap?

Good luck.

njracer

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am already signed up for this weekend for the course

I have been riding for almost a year, but this is my first bike I have owned.

Registered
IM WAITIN FOR MY DAY ALSO AND I CANT WAIT SO I CAN GO OUT WITHOUT LOOKIN BEHIND ME, ITS TOUGH DOIN 150 MPH, HAHAHAH

Registered
I'm not sure what it's like in Chi-town, but in Texas if you pass the MSF course you don't have to take the riding test at the DMV, just the written. And considering I rode a 125cc honda during the MSF course the final exercises were a breeze.

Registered
I'm not sure what it's like in Chi-town, but in Texas if you pass the MSF course you don't have to take the riding test at the DMV, just the written. And considering I rode a 125cc honda during the MSF course the final exercises were a breeze.
That's how it is in Colorado too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same thing here, but I wanted to try and take the test anyways. I got my license now so I could be alittle bit more relaxed during the course. No worries about passing so much, just learning and enjoying myself. The MSF course is free as long as you get signed up when they open. I waited 2 hours online at 1 am to get my spot. The classes fill up fast because they are free. I think there is a $20 donation request, which is no big deal because it's better than spending $300 for the ride chicago course.

Registered
Congrat's
Blitzu P/M me I live in the city as well we could hook up for a ride!

Registered
Congrats dude, I am getting my licence on my MSF, as far as getting caught riding on permit,
it is 2 points on u r licence "trafic infraction"....at least i NY.

Registered
I dont understand... you are not allowed to ride alone with a permit in Illinois? In OH, its just no passenger, no highway, no nite riding, and helmet mandatory. At least I think. I have never heard anything about not riding alone on your permit. What would be the point of that?

Registered
You have to ride along with a licensed rider, no night time riding, and no passenger, but you are not limited to speed or the highways in Illinois. The DMV can give you an AUTOMATIC fail if you show up alone for your test too.

Rob

Registered
Thats blows a big one!!!
If that were the case here I would of hardly ever rode legally on a permit. In fact I turned down invitations to go riding with people at first, until I was comfortable alone. I didnt want to be in close proximity to someone else.

Registered
I rode alone most of the time too, but I was very paranoid when I was doing it!

rob

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone
A few of my friends were shocked I passed it on my bike, but I tried explaining to them that it wasn't bad. The bike handles great, but I am sure a 125 or 250cc cycle would be a tad bit easier.

There is one nice old guy that usually administers the test who I talked to once before. I figured I would see him again so I rode there by myself, but I had a buddy of mne meet me there who had a license just in case I didn't pass. At least that way if that dick cop would have wanted to follow me home if I didnt pass I would have my friend with me.

Chitown, pm on it's way

Anyone else take it on their gixxer?

Registered
congrates, good luck and be careful.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts