Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I just got my knee down for the very first time, and I thought I'd tell my secrets.
Firstly I was going through some twisties and while hanging off the bike leaning as far as I could I slamed the rear brake on and hey presto my knee was down.. It was the best feeling in the world and as soon as the bleeding stops and the bike gets repaired I can't wait to try it again

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Yeah, that's the best feeling. I don't know why some people wear leathers - you can't feel a thing with those on. Leathers are for wimps - real men wear shorts, wife-beater and flip flops - and do-rag...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah
My mate once got his knee down and for every 30 seconds he was down there he wore an inch of his skin away. As you can appreciate your knee hasn't got too much skin on it anyway so it looked really nice.
Anyway, it's entirely up to you if you decide not to protect your skin, in the summer you will be much cooler and if you do have an unfortunate accident while trying to get sparks out of your titanum pins holding your leg together, your bike will go faster because you will be much lighter cause you will have left most of your skin on the tarmac.!

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
I knee dragged at philip island once after watching the world super bike races, I bent down and dragged my knee across the tarmac, after I stood up and walked to see the podium I smiled and thought yeah I was the man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts