Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up all,
Finally got my bike on Monday, had it broke in by Friday, took it up to the canyons today (sunday). This bike is pretty damn amazing. This bike tracks like its on rails. It felt solid and planted in the fast sweepers. Corner exits are fun as hell, once the revs are above 6500 rpm, the bike starts yanking hard, and the rear starts to step out. Also, It turns in so quick. My last bike was an 01 Gsxr 1K and I had to use a little muscle to get the bike leaned over - the new gix requires little effort. I still need to dial in the suspension though, it seemed a little stiff. Also, to those who own an 05, have you adjusted the 'slipper' clutch on this bike at all?? The owners manual doesn't have any information on it? How difficult is it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Overall, really happy with the bike, going to take it to the track next month. Anyways, talk to you all later. Here are a few pics of my new 05

·
Registered
409 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday (sat) and didn't get to ride almost at all (had a big event I had to goto with the girl friend). Today though (sun) I went for over a 200 mile ride trough like 5 counties and up Bear mountain (NY) the bike is amazing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i cant wait .....some friends of mine go to the south east every year to the mountains and ride for bout 4 days and invited me to go with them this year....within the next month...ive been told its the ride of a lifetime

·
Registered
587 Posts
Owners manual say's "1/2 turn out from set" different than all gsxr's at a 1/4 out, also on the opp side. I checked mine when I got it since there was a thread about a bulletin, which there wasn't, we looked for it. Easy to adjust, but you'll want to have 2 elbowed ratcheting wrenches to make it real easy.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Glad you like your new ride man. Canyon riding does sound like a farkin' blast. All we have around here is flat farm land lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
Did you have to cut the frame in order to fit the frame sliders on the right side?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
nice!!!!
i just picked up mine (04) on saturday....(pics to follow)
congrats bro!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts