Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is to everyone who rides to work, and out on the weekends. do you guys go to work and everywhere else in full lethers no matter what, or do some of you guys wear jeans and a lether jacket? I just got me some new boots and lether pants both teknic to match my jacket and i'm a little pumped up to wear them when i ride into work tomorrow. sure everyone will think i look funny, but hey i'm safe and feel safe right? my question is do you all wear gear no matter what? just curious to see. be honest.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i never had leather pants...wish i did though...because now my knees are fucked. i dont really know anything about them either..like do you where pants under them or would you just change at work? im sure you wouldnt where them all day because everyone would think you were tryin to be a power ranger or something. but if my ride to work was more than a few minutes...i probably would.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
i wear gear no matter if it is a 5 mile trip, or a 500 mile trip. i have never wrecked but i have seen what happens.

just the other day i was out running, and tripped over some fucking campain sign (no sign, just the wire, and it was dark out). got some bad rash on the bottom of my palms. that was at 3-4 mph :eek:hmy just think if that was 20+ mph. with i would of had my gloves on :biggrin

usually it takes a pretty bad wreck to actually knock sense into sombody that is to stuborn to wear gear :rolleyes. if you have it wear it

·
eh'hole
2,104 Posts
I wear my 2 piece suit, boots and gloves almost every time I ride, plus with the cooler temperatures the extra thickness keeps me a bit warmer. Sometimes I lose the pants and just wear jeans and tuck the boots on the inside.

Usually Id go riding every Wednesday night and then head to restaurant for dinner. Most of the time the entire restaurant seemed to be staring at us, I didnt really care what they thought and I still dont, I wear my shit for protection, not for looks.

·
Banned
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
damn night ryder i feel ya on that one. when i was in like 6th grade a buddy and i were ringing door bells and runing (good ol days) well I took off through the back yards at night and next thing i know i wake up on the damn ground lol. ran into one of those wires that people use to hang laundry on to dry never saw it. I think it was the hardest i've ever been hit by anything in my life lol.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I gotta wear dickies to work (Dispatcher and medic) with our blue polos and black boots. Boots I get away with on the bike (their bates over the ankle which isn't as good of protection as race boots but they have shanks and are leather. ) Cant get leathers to wear to work cause they wont fit over dickies so I have a pair of joe rocket mesh pants that go over the dickies. Other than that my JR leather jacket and leather gloves go on anytime I get on my bike. They easily come off and go in the locker. I would check into a pair of those mesh pants if you have some type of uniform for work. They arent as protective as leather but I would hate to see how bad dickies tear away at 70 mph.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Blakester said:
I wear textile jacket, jeans and set up boots to work then change into shorts and sandles or just wear socks all day. I work in a supplement store, so I can wear what I want..:D
you should wear your leathers all day...then you could be a pow pow power ranger:lol

·
Registered
348 Posts
When im going to work, i wear workpants (mon-thur dayshifts)or denim (nightshifts, fri & weekends) as well as riding boots and a textile jacket. If im out on a day off for a bit of fun, i'll bring out the ixon textile armoured pants out of the closet.

I've always worn gloves, lately been wearing my vented summer gloves, but i just bought a pair of multilayer padded & knuckle armoured gloves, and they are COMFY as anything. Aside from the traffic im looking forward to finishing at 7am just so i can go for a ride on the way home to finish my "day".

·
Professional Scumbag
518 Posts
only time i don't wear THE SUIT! is when i go to the store to get some groceries. its just impossible to walk around with a suit you gotta either tuck in your sack on one side or smash your nuts with every step.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Telefonica_HTown said:
I gotta wear dickies to work (Dispatcher and medic) with our blue polos and black boots. Boots I get away with on the bike (their bates over the ankle which isn't as good of protection as race boots but they have shanks and are leather. ) Cant get leathers to wear to work cause they wont fit over dickies so I have a pair of joe rocket mesh pants that go over the dickies. Other than that my JR leather jacket and leather gloves go on anytime I get on my bike. They easily come off and go in the locker. I would check into a pair of those mesh pants if you have some type of uniform for work. They arent as protective as leather but I would hate to see how bad dickies tear away at 70 mph.
I used to be so blessed that I had a traveling job, and rode the bike FOR work!:punk Got paid by the hour AND by the mile. :) But anyway, I wore my riding boots, kaki pants and a decent shirt while at the office, then wore AGV mesh pants over my work pants along with my jacket and helmet of choice that day when I made my "runs". Put on about 150 mi. a day just for work.

Now, I wear my one piece Astars Race Replica suit EVERY time I ride.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
night ryder said:
usually it takes a pretty bad wreck to actually knock sense into sombody that is to stuborn to wear gear :rolleyes. if you have it wear it
and some people still dont learn like my buddy.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
beck26 said:
do you guys go to work and everywhere else in full lethers no matter what,
1-piece race suit with sliders and all, Vertigo Corsas, seperate back protector, etc. every damn time I ride. I just change clothes at work. I've crashed more than enough to understand that: 1: Gear makes a HUGE difference in injuries. 2: You never know when you're going to crash, can easily happen during your commute

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.