Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stripped one of the bolts that holds the front brakes on the disks. I have an '03 gsxr, what can I do now to correct this issue. It's not stripped totally but just enough to where you can't turn it without it stripping more. HELP.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I stripped one of the bolts that holds the front brakes on the disks. I have an '03 gsxr, what can I do now to correct this issue. It's not stripped totally but just enough to where you can't turn it without it stripping more. HELP.
If there's room, drill it out and pop a helicoil in it... You can get them at NAPA or anywhere like that....

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
When removing those bolts I always put abit of heat on them using a small propan torch as the factory puts locktite on them and it breaks it down .... On your stripped one try the heat thing and if you can find a SAE allen wrench that is just slightly larger use a hammer on drive it into the bolt and see what happens ... If that does not work try cutting a groove into the bolt and use a BIG screwdriver or chisle .. Good luck man !

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
Been there done that.

I cut a grove in mine applied heat and used a large screwdriver.

I took a hammer and put the screwdriver in the top of the grove I made and tapped it in the loosening direction until it broke loose than I removed it with the screwdriver using the grove I cut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts