Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Best thing is a lawyer, that and your driving record. If it's bad, then it's gonna be hard for you, if it's good, then the judge might see you are just human and everyone makes mistakes and go easy. A good analogy is credit, good = low interest, bad = high interest, moral of the story, get a good lawyer and pray your record isn't that bad, careless is better than reckless, good luck man.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I totally agree with what motojoe has said, and not once did I claim that I was going to atempt to dodge the charge. I was just trying to see what other people on this board got as far as punishments go. I usually save the stuff for the warehouses and keep it off the roads, but lesson learned.

The cop did comment that he was impressed that I atleast had gear on.
Not trying to avoid the charge is the standup thing to do....However in this country you do have the right to attempt to get out of it. At the very least get the minimum charge. Because of the severity of the fine I would definitely get a lawyer. He may not get you out of it but he can at least plead you down to a lessor charge.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ha once again i'm really tired of hearing this squid shit... I am just asking for alittle advice from people who have prior experiences in this area to let me know what to expect when I go in to see the judge. I mean basically i'm just trying to not lose my license over the deal. Sorry for not making my intentions clear enough to you nit-picky superstar board members.

P.S. i'm fully aware of what I did today and take resposibility for my actions
THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE RESPOSIBILITY! You say you are tired of the "squid" shit? I am tired of being stereotyped as a wreckless operator, speed demon or whatever and having my insurance rates sky high cuz of assholels like you. It's like you are the smart ass punk kid who mouths off to the school bully, get shis ass kicked then runs home and cries to mommy.

Now enough of the hard shit, man up, go to court, dress decently, Kahki pants, shirt, maybe a tie , be respectful, when you get there and check in at the window or whatever ask if it would be okay to talk to the prosecuter before. Tell him that you fully understand what you did was wrong, totally immature, knowing full well the danger you put, not only yourself in but all the other motorists on the road that day. Ask if there is anything that we may be able to work out in the way of a fine vs. loss of license or points. Bottom line they want $$$. When you go in front of the judge humble yourself, look him right in the eyte , apologize, admit what you did was wrong and careless and ask for just one chance and promise that they will never see you in that court again for such an immature action... Good luck

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE RESPOSIBILITY! You say you are tired of the "squid" shit? I am tired of being stereotyped as a wreckless operator, speed demon or whatever and having my insurance rates sky high cuz of assholels like you. It's like you are the smart ass punk kid who mouths off to the school bully, get shis ass kicked then runs home and cries to mommy.

Now enough of the hard shit, man up, go to court, dress decently, Kahki pants, shirt, maybe a tie , be respectful, when you get there and check in at the window or whatever ask if it would be okay to talk to the prosecuter before. Tell him that you fully understand what you did was wrong, totally immature, knowing full well the danger you put, not only yourself in but all the other motorists on the road that day. Ask if there is anything that we may be able to work out in the way of a fine vs. loss of license or points. Bottom line they want $$$. When you go in front of the judge humble yourself, look him right in the eyte , apologize, admit what you did was wrong and careless and ask for just one chance and promise that they will never see you in that court again for such an immature action... Good luck

STOP BEING A REJECT!!!! Everyone has done something stupid in their lives, he's not asking for your blessing that he was in the right. He clearly knows he did something wrong. So get off your high horse already shit happens. He just wants to know what he's up for and his best corse of action now to put this behind him.

·
Registered
185 Posts
im confused after this comment?:scratch you know what you did, so what are you asking? you take responsibility so there is nothing to discuss :D
wow, i didn't read after i saw this comment, so maybe you already got shit for it. in that case, good. hope you get even more.

if i get a damn ticket, i would ask here for advice on what to expect in court, what to pay, whether i should get a lawyer etc.
asking for advice doesn't mean that you want to get out of the whole thing, just not get completely dicked over because you don't know anything about anything. now people like you, who post comments like "you're a squid for riding on the back wheel" "nothing to discuss" etc, are douchebags. don't tell me that you've never gotten the urge to do the same.

oh and to copy a poster here earlier: sorry to sound like and asshole, but i hope when you get a ticket, you get so fucked you dont get out of jail until you're too old and decrepit to ride.

·
Registered
445 Posts
wow, i didn't read after i saw this comment, so maybe you already got shit for it. in that case, good. hope you get even more.

if i get a damn ticket, i would ask here for advice on what to expect in court, what to pay, whether i should get a lawyer etc.
asking for advice doesn't mean that you want to get out of the whole thing, just not get completely dicked over because you don't know anything about anything. now people like you, who post comments like "you're a squid for riding on the back wheel" "nothing to discuss" etc, are douchebags. don't tell me that you've never gotten the urge to do the same.

oh and to copy a poster here earlier: sorry to sound like and asshole, but i hope when you get a ticket, you get so fucked you dont get out of jail until you're too old and decrepit to ride.
+1 mate

All these '*******' on here are best buying 'scooters' for the sunday run to the local 'cult' church :sleep............. dick wipes like alstaredreamerscock will always appear on forums with snidey valentino skilled 'forum hero' always know better comments !!!!

The guy asks for some info and all you 'fuck wits' do is roast him................. where i come from all bikers 'stick' together and try and get each other out the SHIT !!!

We all break the law on bikes in one way or another FACT !!!!! unless your a **** :flipoff

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
keeping the mouth shut helped me.. unmarked behind me at a red ight.. took off kinda fast. 2" wheelie across thru to the other side and a little more.... no other traffic anywhere....I just figured what the hey....he caught me about a 1 mile down the road at the next light.. every stupid question I just gave a guilty smile.. now mater how many times he asked the same dumb question in a different way.
went from reckless speeding of over 70 to just 36 in a 30. you just can't answer when you are asked "did you know your front wheel came of the ground too?"

·
What? I have 3 testicles?
1,575 Posts
wreckless driving is the the 2nd worst offense u can get just below leaving the scene of an accident (i think)

here is some advice stop being a squid and stay on 2 wheels, sorry to sound like a dick
Worst around here is passing a stopped school bus. They don't play when it comes to the kid's safety.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Duude your such a :squid

You actually wheelied a sportbike? How could you? That's so selfish and wreckless. You put your life and everyone else on the road in immediate danger! I hope they take your licence and never give it back to you. Your a criminal and a danger to our society. Of course the bikes are designed to drive wreckless but if you actually use them for what they are made for your a squid. Sport bike are just for looks you don't actually use them. Studys have shown only 4% of riders actually ride at the track. I bet your one of them hotshot guys that rev the motor up over 2 or 3 grand when accelerating. Sportbikes should be illegal! Too many guys are buying them and riding them the way they were designed to be ridden. :lol:lol I was testing out my new bike before I bought it the other day and when the rpms got high it poped up in a small wheelie on it's own unexpectedly. After I pulled over I felt like such a scum bag even though it was an accident I was going to report myself to the cops so I could get my ticket. (all sarcasm)

Listen in all seriousness these bikes were designed and knowingly sold to drive like this. If he is a squid then we are all squids for buying race bikes to begin with. On the street running the bike thru a gear or two, leaning down a bit around sharp corners, and exceeding the speed limit from time to time is a expected part of the sportbike riding style. Everyone here does it to some extent and if not they would of bought a cruiser or goldwing instead. The more mature of us just know when to say when and we limit our recklessness. The squids go all out without limits, top speed runs on the highway, racing, high speed cornering, running from the cops exc exc.

This is a squid! The difference is the level of recklessness some don't have limits and anything goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx1CkPcICaY

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't forget driving & riding on public roads is a PRIVILEGE. NOT a RIGHT.
Are you serious? You better read the constitution brother :scratch Do you work for the government?

For years professionals within the criminal justice system have acted on the belief that traveling by motor vehicle was a privilege that was given to a citizen only after approval by their state government in the form of a permit or license to drive. In other words, the individual must be granted the privilege before his use of the state highways was considered legal. Legislators, police officers, and court officials are becoming aware that there are court decisions that disprove the belief that driving is a privilege and therefore requires government approval in the form of a license. Presented here are some of these cases:

CASE #1: "The use of the highway for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common fundamental right of which the public and individuals cannot rightfully be deprived." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 221.

CASE #2: "The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common law right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 579.

It could not be stated more directly or conclusively that citizens of the states have a common law right to travel, without approval or restriction (license), and that this right is protected under the U.S Constitution.

REFER TO THIS LINK

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/travel.htm

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Are you serious? You better read the constitution brother :scratch Do you work for the government?

For years professionals within the criminal justice system have acted on the belief that traveling by motor vehicle was a privilege that was given to a citizen only after approval by their state government in the form of a permit or license to drive. In other words, the individual must be granted the privilege before his use of the state highways was considered legal. Legislators, police officers, and court officials are becoming aware that there are court decisions that disprove the belief that driving is a privilege and therefore requires government approval in the form of a license. Presented here are some of these cases:

CASE #1: "The use of the highway for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common fundamental right of which the public and individuals cannot rightfully be deprived." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 221.

CASE #2: "The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common law right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 579.

It could not be stated more directly or conclusively that citizens of the states have a common law right to travel, without approval or restriction (license), and that this right is protected under the U.S Constitution.

REFER TO THIS LINK

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/travel.htm
So you want to argue that you can lawfully drive/ride without a license? Because its a right, correct? :wtf:banghead

You are misinterpreting those cases and state law. Do you have a motorcylce license? If so WHY? DO you have a drivers license for a passenger vehicle? If So WHY?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not that it matters but Yes, i am a government employee.
:phhht

Because some of the powers that be in government like to pervert our rights and brainwash us into thinking we don't have any. The right to travel is not a privilege it's a right. We do not need permission from our government to tell us we can drive or pay them a fee to be able to drive just like there is no law that requires us to pay income tax but we just go along to get along.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts