Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
adam_sean said:
I am not sure why all of you are attacking the chap. He did a wheelie, BFD!
Seriously!

Just help him out if you got any information. I am not interested in who thinks who is a squid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
g6s0x0r said:
Hahaha Holy shit. Obviously i don't post alot, seeing as my post count is so low, but I read all this crap.
Alot of you American's on this site make every other U.S citizen seem like an idiot.
I know you are not all like this, hell one of my good friends left my country (Aus) to join your air force about 2-3 years ago.
To me, after reading a hell of alot of posts about have I got too much air in my clip on's, will a 520 con. ver. give me 10hp and is there too much nitrous under my seat, this just is the straw that breaks the camels back.
F uck! Like a few others have said, just accept the fact you got caught and don't ask for help about how to get out of it.
If it is that much of a worry don't do them in the first place.
You FAIL!

It's a good thing you hardly post at all, as it's obvious you can't read, or comprehend a flow of posts correctly. He never asked for help in getting out of it. I bet you feel stupid now, don't you? Go back in to lurker mode now.
:phhht

·
Registered
418 Posts
miltonbx152 said:
Does anybody in the state of Indiana know anything useful that may help me with this charge. It is a Class A misdemeanor, and I didn't know if anybody on this board has ran into anything similar that I could use to my advantage.

THANKS
Sorry to hear it, pal. In Nevada the criteria for reckless/aggressive driving are as follows:
A driver commits an offense of aggressive driving if, during any single, continuous period of driving within the course of 1 mile, the driver does all the following, in any sequence: (a) Commits one or more acts of speeding in violation of NRS 484.361 or 484.366.
(b) Commits two or more of the following acts, in any combination, or commits any of the following acts more than once:
(1) Failing to obey an official traffic-control device in violation of NRS 484.278.
(2) Overtaking and passing another vehicle upon the right by driving off the paved portion of the highway in violation of NRS 484.297.
(3) Improper or unsafe driving upon a highway that has marked lanes for traffic in violation of NRS 484.305.
(4) Following another vehicle too closely in violation of NRS 484.307.
(5) Failing to yield the right-of-way in violation of any provision of NRS 484.315 to 484.323, inclusive.
(c) Creates an immediate hazard, regardless of its duration, to another vehicle or to another person, whether or not the other person is riding in or upon the vehicle of the driver or any other vehicle.

I'd suggest you check the laws in Indiana...
IC 9-21-8-55
Aggressive driving
Sec. 55. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement official engaged in the law enforcement official's official duties.
(b) For purposes of this section, a person engages in aggressive driving if, during one (1) episode of continuous driving of a vehicle, the person does or commits at least three (3) of the following:
(1) Following a vehicle too closely in violation of IC 9-21-8-14.
(2) Unsafe operation of a vehicle in violation of IC 9-21-8-24.
(3) Overtaking another vehicle on the right by driving off the roadway in violation of IC 9-21-8-6.
(4) Unsafe stopping or slowing a vehicle in violation of IC 9-21-8-26.
(5) Unnecessary sounding of the horn in violation of IC 9-19-5-2.
(6) Failure to yield in violation of IC 9-21-8-29 through IC 9-21-8-34.
(7) Failure to obey a traffic control device in violation of IC 9-21-8-41.
(8) Driving at an unsafe speed in violation of IC 9-21-5.
(9) Repeatedly flashing the vehicle's headlights.
(c) A person who, with the intent to harass or intimidate a person in another vehicle, knowingly or intentionally engages in aggressive driving commits aggressive driving, a Class A misdemeanor.

Unless your summons/citation/ticket indicates "reckless driving" specifically you might be able to talk your way out of it. To whit...Sorry your honor, my throttle got stuck as I down shifted, then I panic'd and jerked the throttle and subsequently the front wheel came up. But as the definition of reckless driving doesn't apply because I didn't commit any of the criteria, I don't know why I'm here. Thank you, your honor.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
miltonbx152 said:
Oh and anybody with the Jardine GP-1 system on there bike beware haha... I was also given a warning for excessive noise over 110db.
he gave you a ticket because you went to gov't schools and cannot determine the difference betweek there and their:hammer

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dont just get a lawyer, get one who has dealt with this before, I say start saving now, if you dont have it like that.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
ripvanwinkle said:
he gave you a ticket because you went to gov't schools and cannot determine the difference betweek there and their:hammer
Check yourself before you correct someone else's grammar. Betweek???

·
Registered
192 Posts
River said:
You FAIL!

It's a good thing you hardly post at all, as it's obvious you can't read, or comprehend a flow of posts correctly. He never asked for help in getting out of it. I bet you feel stupid now, don't you? Go back in to lurker mode now.
:phhht
Wow! You sure told him... Mr. 6 posts. :scratch Sorry... I couldn't resist pointing out the irony. :p :biggrin <resumes lurker mode> :punk

·
Registered
323 Posts
man best thing is call up a couple of lawyers.. see what they say.. tell them your past tickets if you had any.. go from there..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Come to Korea you won't believe it.
Police here pull to the right and wave you past.
No speed limits for bikes , Wheelie & stoppie all you want and the twistiest roads on earth.
When I go back to the states I will go to the track because I'm way to spoiled and my licence will last only about a week. ( I have learned how to ride fast but smart )

yes Motorcycle Heaven!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
miltonbx152 said:
Oh and anybody with the Jardine GP-1 system on there bike beware haha... I was also given a warning for excessive noise over 110db.
If you are pulled over they will go over your bike with a fine-tooth comb and write you up for anything that does not meet state spec.

i.e. your pipe

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
I never wheelie in traffic, only open roads where Im no danger except to myself & my bike lol. Also in Texas, they usually never pursue after 100 mph.
So in short, mine start at 80 and level usually around 120-135,they'll usually never pursue, weird huh?
As long as there is sportbikes, there will be guys who wheelie.I agree flame someone for wheelies in traffic & populated areas, but if your flaming simply because he rides a wheelie? Maybe you should register at the "Harley pozer wannabe forum"
Its like nailing a fat girl, its fun but dont get caught:nono

·
Registered
101 Posts
I never wheelie in traffic, only open roads where Im no danger except to myself & my bike lol. Also in Texas, they usually never pursue after 100 mph.
So in short, mine start at 80 and level usually around 120-135,they'll usually never pursue, weird huh?
As long as there is sportbikes, there will be guys who wheelie.I agree flame someone for wheelies in traffic & populated areas, but if your flaming simply because he rides a wheelie? Maybe you should register at the "Harley pozer wannabe forum"
Its like nailing a fat girl, its fun but dont get caught:nono
+1 I don't understand people who judge others when we all do things that are not right no matter how small or big. With a power to weight ratio that our bikes have, I don't think anyone had the law in mind when they signed that check. :dissapointed

Get a lawyer and pay him whatever he asks. Trust me, it will save you twice as much at the end of the day. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
moral of the story.....DO NOT wheelie on public streets.

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
Uhh Matt, didnt you just sell your Hardley Ableson V-Sloth & buy a sportbike?
Just wondering, can you wheelie at all?
If so how bout a short vid, if you post one Ill show you a small one I have, filmed in the country away from Public

·
Registered
193 Posts
Austin PD pursue if they are on their BMW K1200S. Have a buddy on a CBR1000 to confirm. When the cop pulled him over (after catching up with him at speeds over 100), the cop said "nice chase huh?" Went on to say, "now slow down." No ticket no warning. Guess the cop got an adrenaline rush and a hard on and his day was made!

81 - 100 of 123 Posts