Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
miltonbx152 said:
Ha once again i'm really tired of hearing this squid shit... I am just asking for alittle advice from people who have prior experiences in this area to let me know what to expect when I go in to see the judge. I mean basically i'm just trying to not lose my license over the deal. Sorry for not making my intentions clear enough to you nit-picky superstar board members.

P.S. i'm fully aware of what I did today and take resposibility for my actions
I wish people would actually read posts before they decide to chime in on a subject, and to anybody who would like to comment on what I said in the above paragraph... Once again I understand what I did was against the law, I am only looking for somebody (ies) who have been in similar situations to give input on what punishments they faced for the action that the topic is about. I'm not asking for somebody to let me off the hook.

Thanks to the people who have posted input about the subject

·
Registered
62 Posts
So now doing a wheelie will earn you the title of squid? Go somewhere with all that nonsense. I dont care what any of you say, doing any of those stunts takes skill.

Id try to fight it. Go to court and explain yourself and try your cards.

·
Registered
197 Posts
bae86 said:
So now doing a wheelie will earn you the title of squid? Go somewhere with all that nonsense. I dont care what any of you say, doing any of those stunts takes skill.

no, doing a wheelie on a public road in traffic (remember the cop was between two cars) makes you an asshat. trying to get out of it makes you a squid:cheers

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
bae86 said:

How do you fight a wheelie? "I accidentally gave it to much throttle your honor" :hammer

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
bae86 said:

In fact... yes..... when doing it in such a way as to put others in danger.

And not sacking up and taking what is coming to you is DEFFINATELY squidly.

Analogy.

You walk into the grocery store, try to steal something, and get caught. Should you not go to jail, or at least be prosecuted for theft?

Sure you should.

Whats the difference here. When you knowingly break the law (most of us do it on a dialy basis) be prepared to face the punishement should you be caught.

FWIW........ I can call people squids......... cause I ARE ONE :squid. Thus the reason I dont ride street anymore. I took it to the track where riding like a lunatic (within reason of course) is acceptable :p

Just have to save the wheelies for celebrations and cool down laps :shifty

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I totally agree with what motojoe has said, and not once did I claim that I was going to atempt to dodge the charge. I was just trying to see what other people on this board got as far as punishments go. I usually save the stuff for the warehouses and keep it off the roads, but lesson learned.

The cop did comment that he was impressed that I atleast had gear on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
And i'm not too sure how this whole thing got flipped around. Honestly I dont think anybody is any smarter than the next... If you get on a bike and ride it on a public roadway you take a risk of getting hurt badly, or even dieing... wether its your fault or not. So in a sense I guess everybody is what you guys like to call a "squid". I guess this post was just a way for me to ask a question and vent at the same time. I'm not trying to fight the charge, i'm sure the video camera in the squad car has plenty of evidence of my guilt on it, it was a stupid thing to do and I was just trying to find out what kind of shit I got myself into.

·
Registered
295 Posts
jpracing39 said:
Why do you want "help" with the charge? You did it, right? And you got caught, right? Well suck it up and take your punishment. You are very close to falling into the "SQUID" category...
he is in the squid category

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Moto_Joe said:
I got poped for a wheelie...... wreckless. Iwas able to plead down to careless. Lesser fine, less points, but still a high rating moving violation when your insurance finds out.
...and there-in lies the real problem.

($$^^^Insurance Rates^^^$$)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Well, I live in NY. I had a similar incident. I was doing a "cat walk" (stoppie while rollin), and it just so happened that there was an undercover police car RIGHT BEHIND ME!

Well he pulled me over and ripped into me good about how he rides and this and that. Then he said I was not in control of my vehicle. I simply replied, "Did you even see what I did?, I could have set my tire on your bumper if I wanted to". I said it with a grin, and believe it or not, he let me go with a warning.

I count myself pretty lucky.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Best bet is to get a lawyer, and hopefully he/she can knock it down to a lesser charge, not much else you can do. Anyway you look at it you're going to have to pay a nice chunk of change through fines and insurance. Good luck man, hope you don't lose your license.

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
sputniksavoy said:
i got a wreckless here in alabama for lanesplitting on the interstate (yes very stupid move) you shouldn't loose your liscence.... a wreckless by itself in most states isn't enough points to have your liscence yanked.........however, in alabama a wreckless driving ticket carries a fine that can be imposed by the judge with no minmun and no maximum....so the moral of that is be respectful to the judge. don't give him any bs. i was honest with the judge told him what i did was stupid and that i knew better. he only fined me 50 bucks in addition to the court cost ...total was $188.........which isn't much more than just a speeding ticket......i did however loose six points on my liscence....as far as the insurance went......well to my suprise it never went up.......apparently they don't check your record unless you file a claim or change your policy................anyway don't sweat it....what's done is done....hope some of this helped.......:)
holy grammar and spelling mistakes :eek

reckless, not wreckless
lose, not loose
license, not liscence
surprise, not suprise
minimum, not minmun

·
Registered
607 Posts
Guys, this IS america. Thats WHY there are lawyers. If your so bent out of shape about it, call up a lawyer and see if they can do anything. At the very least they can plead you down to careless and maybe with hold points. You WILL pay a fine, but thats way better than a reckless ticket.

In florida, a reckless ticket is a FELONY, so your lucky as fuck.

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
they need to pass a law that if your caught stunting they take your bike and crush it like they are doing to people's cars caught racing in cali :biggrin

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts

·
60,366 Posts
sputnicksavoy said:
i got a wreckless here in alabama for lanesplitting on the interstate (yes very stupid move) you shouldn't loose your liscence.... a wreckless by itself in most states isn't enough points to have your liscence yanked.........however, in alabama a wreckless driving ticket carries a fine that can be imposed by the judge with no minmun and no maximum....so the moral of that is be respectful to the judge. don't give him any bs. i was honest with the judge told him what i did was stupid and that i knew better. he only fined me 50 bucks in addition to the court cost ...total was $188.........which isn't much more than just a speeding ticket......i did however loose six points on my liscence....as far as the insurance went......well to my suprise it never went up.......apparently they don't check your record unless you file a claim or change your policy................anyway don't sweat it....what's done is done....hope some of this helped.......

·
60,366 Posts
There are two kinds of sport bike riders, those who pop wheelies and those who lie about it.

The thing to remember is that there is a time and a place for everything. You just so happen to pick the wrong time and place.

As far as your punishment, t is really going to depend on how much of a dick the cop/judge tries to be, if he has had his morning coffee or been laid recently.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hahaha Holy shit. Obviously i don't post alot, seeing as my post count is so low, but I read all this crap.
Alot of you American's on this site make every other U.S citizen seem like an idiot.
I know you are not all like this, hell one of my good friends left my country (Aus) to join your air force about 2-3 years ago.
To me, after reading a hell of alot of posts about have I got too much air in my clip on's, will a 520 con. ver. give me 10hp and is there too much nitrous under my seat, this just is the straw that breaks the camels back.
F uck! Like a few others have said, just accept the fact you got caught and don't ask for help about how to get out of it.
If it is that much of a worry don't do them in the first place.

21 - 40 of 123 Posts