Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO picked up an 09 gsxr 600 and looking for a street to track tire for a novice track day rider. Open to suggestions from anyone that would work the best for me

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Do you have tire warmers? Or will this be street/track hybrid tires?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Q3's, seemingly half the people at my last track day were running them in the Novice/Intermediate group.

I found a killer deal on the Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2 with the 180/60/17 rear tire, easily the best tire I've ever run on a sport bike, hands down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive run a few Trackdays on Phillip Island Australia, without warmers on Metzler M7rr's (all the Cali Superbike school s1000rr Hire Bikes had them on too). With warmers id suggest Metzler racetech's or Q3's.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Yep. Go with either the Q3+ or the S21's.

I JUST took my S21's off to try out the new Q3+. The S21's are the best longevity hypersport tire I have tried, period. I took them off with over 4500 miles on them and they are STILL good. Just barely started to flatten on the center...

Howeve,r as far as ride feel goes..the Q3's will fall into a corner so much nicer than the S21s. Don't get me wrong, once you learn to ride the S21s, the steeper sidewall will allow you to drive out of corners a bit more confidently than the Q3's as far as my riding goes. I'm still getting my rear suspension dialed in for the Q3's before I get too aggressive with them. I've run 2 sets of the regular Q3's before so I knew what to expect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
C. Chaos
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing