Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone riden the 2004 GSXR 1000 back-to-back with the 2005 GSXR 1000??? Looking at maybe tradin the Mladin in but not sure...the Mladin is such a bad-a** bike, but then again so is the 05. Not sure just looking for suggestions......

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
yes, night and day difference.

get the k5, you won't regret it

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
imo, if you are comfortable on the mladin, keep it. you will be faster on it since you have been riding it for a while.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
she's only had the bike for a year, if not less.

how comfortable and clingy can you get to a bike thats not even been around for more than a single year?

get the k5.

chances are you'll love it even more than the k4

·
Registered
432 Posts
My buddy has an '04, like said before, night and day. Its lighter, faster, more nimble and more comfortable IMO. If you have the opportunity to trade up from an '04 to a K5 without losing your ass, DO IT!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I would ask you how long you have been riding and what your level of experience is on a bike. Personally I have not even began to find the limitations of my bike...I have an 04 and it handles great...I left my 01 1K and got on this. While I can tell the bike does handle a little better then my 01 did, I'm still not able to tell you that it was a night and day difference...My 04 did put out about 5 more HP then my 01 did stock, but 5 HP is also not a night and day difference. I've seen several Dyno runs on the Dyno that I use to tune my bike and the stock 05's are putting out 5 to 6 HP more then mine did stock. Mine has been modified quite a bit since then and I haven't came up against an 05 yet that can catch me (roll on)...To be fair, I have only seen 1 - 05 that had a Yosh exhaust on it w/ a Power commander and he was left like most of the others...I think if you get an 05 and modify it with the same mods as mine, it would be ape shit fast, but then it comes back to how good of a rider are you? Can you actually get any extra out of an 05 vs. the 04? I've been on a track where a skilled rider on a 600 whips my 165 HP 1K and its because he is alot better rider then me...So I'd say unless you are a really skilled rider, stick with your 04, you can always step up in a year of two when you get better...At least thats what i'm hoping to do....

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts

I agree, I was skeptical but after about 100mtrs on the K5 the smile was even bigger than the one I had on my K4 and I hadn`t even hit a turn. The smile got bigger when I did.
It`s hard to believe that there could be that much difference in the 2 models.
Feel free to disagree but please make sure you qualify to answer the question.

·
Letting a guy blow me doesn't make me gay. Does it
546 Posts
the K5 IS a better bike. after riding my friends K5 then getting back on my K3 the first thing i did was look for the gear indicator.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts

I agree, I was skeptical but after about 100mtrs on the K5 the smile was even bigger than the one I had on my K4 and I hadn`t even hit a turn. The smile got bigger when I did.
It`s hard to believe that there could be that much difference in the 2 models.
Feel free to disagree but please make sure you qualify to answer the question.
"01Gixxer1000" doesn't qualify so ignore his post or anyone that hasn't experienced the K5. Listen to Webcrush and Closetotheedge they know the difference.

I own a K5 and there is no question that this bike will put all other sport production bikes to shame. Try it ride it and you will never look back.

·
Registered
919 Posts
my black k4 was stolen at the end of febuary, so i was very enthusiastic when i got on my k5 in april - wow...

the power difference has been talked to death... my 04 was faster (more mods) but the k5 just feels better. i find myself riding much faster than i did with my k4 (better brakes, much more predictable and precise handling)

especially if u want to get on the track - where the k5's difference really shine - get the k5 (finances permitting, of course)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the guys who actually answered the question. Not the ones who thought they would find this question a reason to dictate my riding style. The last time I traded my 2002 in for the 2004 i got someone trying to tell me that they didn't think I needed a 1000, now is that because Im female and they think i shouldn't have the same bike as them or what im not sure. Thanks again to the guys that answered the question!!! I am going to try to find a buyer for my 2004 Mat Mladin and will be purchasing a 05, getting the blue/white or the 06 silver/blk/gunmetal. After sitting at my desk at the dealerhship, and staring at the 05 I can't help but want one, it feels way smaller to me then the 2004, it actually feels more like my 04 GSXR 600. Thanks again!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts